If these were prices, which would you pick?

If these where the prices, which would you pick?

• Total voters

rainman353

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the prices won't be gouged like the off contract iPhone since I've got another year before upgrade eligibility. I'd probably be fine with the 16 GB since most things are streamed for me these days. Hoping that it's somewhere in the 550-650 range.

djwyman

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am taking a shot in the dark but i would think the prices would be 199 and 299 for contracts but again that's a shot in the dark but if it is the real prices I would probably go with the 16gb. I have lived with an 8gb sd card on my EVO for the past year so either way I still get more space than before and I don't keep that much music or videos on my phone to begin with because i have an sd card slot on my car stereo so I just keep all my music on my pc, the cloud, and on sd cards for my car.

sneakking

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am taking a shot in the dark but i would think the prices would be 199 and 299 for contracts but again that's a shot in the dark but if it is the real prices I would probably go with the 16gb. I have lived with an 8gb sd card on my EVO for the past year so either way I still get more space than before and I don't keep that much music or videos on my phone to begin with because i have an sd card slot on my car stereo so I just keep all my music on my pc, the cloud, and on sd cards for my car.

if the 16 GB is 199 I will be all over that, possibly even if it was 249

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... if that's what the OP meant, that would make things interesting. That would basically be direct competition with the iPhone 4S. That would make it a little difficult to choose. I was thinking 32GB all the way at first, but I don't know. I mean I have a 32GB card in my Thunderbolt and even with all of my apps I've used less than 3GB. It would be nice to have 32GB, but I don't know if I would use it all.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Epic fail. I got a message that this post failed because I tried to make it a poll. Well, here was the poll attempt:

1. $299 for 16GB GN
2. $399 for 32GB GN
3. Neither - I'd get another phone.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Those price points seem way too high for me
THAT'S THE POINT! Verizon hasn't disclosed pricing... which means (to me) that they're exploring adding another $100 to the price...

So I'm asking how it'd affect your decision if you had to pay more than expected.

zhawks

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait until official prices are announced. The only way I see needing the 32gb one is if I take a lot of pictures with the phone.

Sorta dumb question: Do they make external storage accessories for smartphones that you could plug into the phone's micro usb port for additional space? Kinda like what an external hard drive is to a computer. Hell you could use the Android Beam feature too.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
it would be silly for Verizon to price it at more than 199 for the 16gb.

I am a little confused because the map that android central just posted mentioned only a $299 versions....

joeyandrade123

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be really dumb if they only offered the 32 gb version for $299.99

offering the 16 gb for $199.99 and the 32 gb for $299.99 would make a lot more sense.

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
$399.99 on contract for 32gb would be outrages but i dont see verizon only charging $199.99 for a LTE device even if it does just have 16gb.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait until official prices are announced. The only way I see needing the 32gb one is if I take a lot of pictures with the phone.

Sorta dumb question: Do they make external storage accessories for smartphones that you could plug into the phone's micro usb port for additional space? Kinda like what an external hard drive is to a computer. Hell you could use the Android Beam feature too.

WiFi or Bluetooth hard drive. The WiFi hard drives create their own WiFi network, so no need to be around WiFi. Bluetooth ones are pretty self explanatory. The bad thing about these is that they come in large sizes, like 250GB. But they are small enough to carry around.