If you decide to replace your Moto X PE what phone would you get?

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Well, I missed out on the V40 on US Cellular's installment plan at $4/mo - back up to $29/mo. V30+ is still $599 outright. Now the S9 and S9+ are $4/mo on installment plan. Would love to look at Oneplus 6 or 6T but US Cellular is CMDA and that kills it for Oneplus - there is a funky work around I guess, but not too interested in that. Still hoping for some Black Friday deal. My MXPE keeps chugging along with frequent charging needed.

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
It was definitely ahead of it's time.

That it definitely was. I was astonished when checking phonearena in comparing the MXPE to prospective replacements. How close the specs are, and in some ways are better. (PPI and Screen resolution)

if you're still looking for a suitable replacement to the Moto XPE, but haven't pulled the trigger yet, let me suggest the OnePlus 6T. It's fantastic! The battery life is amazeballs and, like the Moto XPE, it's got near stock Android, but with minor tweaks that are actually helpfull.

I originally switched to the LG G6, which was fine but lacked that something special the Moto X had, so I traded it in for the OP6T and I'm so impressed!

If you've been holding off, this might be the one!

I wound up making the same decision. I thoroughly enjoy all of the Moto features the MXPE has, and Moto's improvements to the Android OS, however the current batch of Motorola's left me wanting.

Pulled the trigger on a OnePlus 6T couple weeks ago, and so far am quite impressed. Lasting 2-days on a charge with medium playing and futzing with it.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That it definitely was. I was astonished when checking phonearena in comparing the MXPE to prospective replacements. How close the specs are, and in some ways are better. (PPI and Screen resolution)

I wound up making the same decision. I thoroughly enjoy all of the Moto features the MXPE has, and Moto's improvements to the Android OS, however the current batch of Motorola's left me wanting.

Pulled the trigger on a OnePlus 6T couple weeks ago, and so far am quite impressed. Lasting 2-days on a charge with medium playing and futzing with it.

This phone is awesome, isn't it? I can honestly say that I've not been as impressed with a phone since the original Moto X. Mostly it's the speed and the battery life, I think. These phones have that original Nexus feel to them.

AKS4

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
This phone is awesome, isn't it? I can honestly say that I've not been as impressed with a phone since the original Moto X. Mostly it's the speed and the battery life, I think. These phones have that original Nexus feel to them.

It is, and you're right it does have a nice clean Nexus feel to it. I'll admit I had second thoughts after ordering it and thought maybe I'd only test drive it for a week and then "settle" for a Z3. (Honestly I was hoping the Motorola One's had better specs) But it is a very pure experience with Android, as you said akin to the old Nexus lines, while having some "neat" features without being overboard, like the under screen fingerprint sensor. So far I'm a pretty happy camper.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It is, and you're right it does have a nice clean Nexus feel to it. I'll admit I had second thoughts after ordering it and thought maybe I'd only test drive it for a week and then "settle" for a Z3. (Honestly I was hoping the Motorola One's had better specs) But it is a very pure experience with Android, as you said akin to the old Nexus lines, while having some "neat" features without being overboard, like the under screen fingerprint sensor. So far I'm a pretty happy camper.

Yeah, I was hoping the same for the Motorola One line. I honestly don't understand how phone manufacturers don't understand this. Give us a pure android experience with no bloatware, fast performance, and a sub $600 price point and they'll enjoy a loyal, cult like following. I understand profits and such, but I highly doubt that Oneplus is working on a deficit year after year.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, I missed out on the V40 on US Cellular's installment plan at $4/mo - back up to $29/mo. V30+ is still $599 outright. Now the S9 and S9+ are $4/mo on installment plan. Would love to look at Oneplus 6 or 6T but US Cellular is CMDA and that kills it for Oneplus - there is a funky work around I guess, but not too interested in that. Still hoping for some Black Friday deal. My MXPE keeps chugging along with frequent charging needed.

The V30 Plus unlocked is $425.69 at Amazon currently. It was $399 a couple of weeks back when I snagged one for my wife.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electroni...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6404303

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I ended up selling my Moto Z Force Droid while keeping my older Moto X Pure Edition as the backup for my Moto Z2 Play.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been running a pixel for awhile now, but I still have my mxpe as a backup..... it looks like new and hasn't lost any battery life since I bought it. I much prefer it's looks, feel in the hand and screen over the pixel..... plus I miss Moto voice. I'm very tempted to start using it again ;-)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I gave my x pure to my mom. I just got her a LG G7, debated about keeping x pure as my main backup. But decided to get moto x4 android one addition. Newer and will get updates.

tattoogunman

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
I'm using my wife's Moto X Pure at the moment and honestly, if anyone wants to switch to something that is better in my opinion, look at the Huawei Honor series. I gave her my Honor 6X and she's already gushing about how much better it is. Fingerprint sensor, long battery life, etc. and you can get them for under $300 in most cases (even the new 10).