News I'm already doubting the long-term durability of my Pixel 8 Pro

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Mine works great but Bluetooth is a PITA. If you have multiple Bluetooth peripherals it can go wonky on the audio. Watching YouTube or just listening to music the car, the audio goes out but he phone thinks it's playing. Seems to be common and this is a deal breaker for me.

Vickardis

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This reminds me of an XKCD comic - 10,000 new suckers born everyday. You have my empathy Author and I hope you find positive recourse.

Google's hardware ability and standards have largely remained unchanged since their first one, 150+ devices ago, the Nexus One. This is the same company that designed a phone with only 192MB user addressable storage space at a time when they had two years to soak in their design on the success of the iPhone and the App store.

Subpar is Google's middle name (and quickly becoming their first) spreading from hardware now into software all of which are loosing ground to rivals.

No one should put premium money into anything Google until it is fully disposable or you have total local support - it's just too risky.
Yeah no...

Smiley998

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
What that tells me is that either the complaints about the durability of Google's phones are from people who abuse the heck outta their electronics, or Google has a *wildly* uneven quality control procedure.
What your post tells "me" is that some people wouldn't notice anything wrong with their device unless there was fire and smoke coming from it.

Smiley998

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
As someone who has owned a Pixel phone in every series since the 4XL, and have had my share of issues I agree the Pixel line has many flaws they need to fix to get up to par with it's competitors but it sounds like the author is very rough on their phones and maybe needs to be a little more gentle and caring with their devices.
That's an unfair and an unreasonable generalization. QC is a major issue with the newer generation of Google phones. The price tag they now command aren't worth the hassle and risks.

With Google phones, we have cracked camera lenses in cold climates, we have charging port issues, we have volume button switches falling off, and much more. Gaslighting, denial, and deflecting is the norm these days, and I don't see it dissipating anytime soon.

Smiley998

Jan 23, 2024
Visit site
I think the author has a lot of merit in what he writes, but I do cringe when he writes that the Pixel 8 takes better pictures than the Samsung flagships.

I like Android for only two reasons: the ability to sideload apps and how in general, most Android phones have better cameras than the iPhones—I have an iPhone and had one since the iPhone 3.

However, I have been looking for a compelling reason to buy Android again, but I haven't, although the 10x optical zoom lens on some models is definitely alluring.

GauHong

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
The same problem started yesterday,when my p8 is plugged in, it makes the "charger plugged in" notification sound repeatedly every 1 or 2 seconds. Charging will eventually stop. I can only use one side of the USB charging cable unless I use the other side of the cable [Google OEM Chargers and Cables] ,This issue does not occur when using the same charge and cable on Pixel 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali