I'm back.....again

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I swore off Asus and said I would never be back. Well here I am back again.

What brought me back?
The price drop to $199 for the 16GB
I still enjoy a 7 inch tablet. 9-10 inch is just to big for me to play games on.

The Nexus 7 has issues but I just have to get used to it. Some of the issues are just my OCD.
How will I cope?
I bought a Seidio Actve case so I can't even notice any screen lift if its there.
I must understand that if I press down hard on the corners that I will see the "oil slick" (why would I do this anyways)

Its the best 7 inch for the money. I would pay more for it if the build quality was better but for $199 it's a great value.

The Kindle Fire HD has a much higher build quality but is limited by the restrctions of Amazon OS.
The Ipad Mini is has much higher build quality but is completely overpriced for the specs and the screen res just doesn't cut it.
The $149 Lenovo seems to be a bargain but the processor specs are lacking.

For the record I have had electronics with no issues and complaints. My Galaxy S3, Note, and S2 were/are all fantastic. My Captivate was junk.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back. Your dreams were your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about. Well the names have all changed since you hung around but those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you take it back for another one? Mine doesn't leak fluids.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
how can the screen lift bother you. i have it on my N7...and to be honest, i never would have even noticed it had i not looked at the threads. its a non-issue to me.
as for the "oil slick" effect when pressing on the screen....uh, yeah, its going to do that. and FWIW, the iPad Mini i just played with did the same thing.

welcom back i guess....you dont know me, i am new around here. have to agree though, the N7 is the best tablet for the money hands down. 9-10" is just too big, i can actually carry my N7 around in my pocket so it goes to work with me every day, where my tf300 didn't. gaming is just as good on the n7 as it was on the tf300. and i honestly dont miss the extra screen size....yet.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back. Your dreams were your ticket out. Welcome back to that same old place that you laughed about. Well the names have all changed since you hung around but those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Thank you Vinnie Bobarino. Say hi to Horseshaak :D

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Thank you Vinnie Bobarino. Say hi to Horseshaak :D

Damn, that's where that line is from. It was driving me crazy.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I literally just found out this "oil slick" thing was apparently an issue a couple days ago. I just thought that's what happens when you press really, really hard on the screen of an electronic device. Is there any tablet that doesn't do this when you punch a screen?

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think all screens do the oil slick thing when pressed hard. My $2,000 MacBook Pro even does it!

Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think all screens do the oil slick thing when pressed hard. My $2,000 MacBook Pro even does it!

Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums

Agree, I have 3 22" monitors by different manufacturers (non-touch) and just touching them does this. With a touch screen, a hard touch would do it. The are LED's after all.