News I'm not buying the Galaxy S24, and Galaxy AI is to blame

CatsAreGods

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
FYI...the warning on motor oil isn't because idiots might drink it. They're there because leaving used motor oil on your body for prolonged periods can/will cause cancer. Which is why you really have to wash your hands and arms thoroughly after changing your oil.

Just another reason to switch to EVs.

BobVA

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
This is one of the funniest rants I've read in awhile. He's whining about having to pay a fee to use his phone. I guess that means he doesn't pay a carrier to use his phone either? Doesn't pay a cable company for WiFi access? Does ALL of his phone use at Starbucks so he can surf and text and use WiFi calling for free, I guess. LOL. You cannot use a smartphone without paying, and paying a bunch, month after month after month.

And I guess he never uses a streaming service, or plays games with micropayments. Only listens to FM radio, and never Sirius or Spotify. Or maybe he pirates all his music. o_O

Unlike your carrier and internet service, if you really don't want to pay for the AI features just don't use them. The S24 will continue to work just fine without them.

Watch out buddy, because subscriptions are coming to every aspect of your life. Your next car is going to make you subscribe to use navigation, or remote start. Maybe even heated seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1raygin

BobVA

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
Oh, and about that dirty word "profit": Without profits, there won't be any Samsung phones. That's why there are no longer any LG phones, or HTC phones, or Palm Treos, or Blackberries.....

Reactions: 1raygin

Juan Alf

May 14, 2017
Visit site
You're not buying the S24 for something that might or might not happen for the S25? 🤔 And if all the companies create this extra tier for AI (very likely) that requires monthly payments will you go back to the Nokia 3310?!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't matter to me. I won't use any AI, so there's nothing to pay extra for.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're using any phone made in the past several years your experience with it is almost certainly already enhanced by ai in some form.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you're using any phone made in the past several years your experience with it is almost certainly already enhanced by ai in some form.
Oh, I'm sure there's some crap "enhancements" to the photos that I don't want, but have to endure. But everything I do on it - browse this forum, and other sites in Firefox, respond to emails in the BlackBerry Hub Inbox, and watch stuff on YouTube or the streaming apps really has nothing to do with AI.

I don't ever use any "search" function on the phone itself. If I search anything, it's directly in the browser only. So if Samsung wants to charge for those extra "smart features" they've been trying to push the last few years, but I never used - like Bixby, then they can go ahead and charge for it. I don't use any of thay.

Heck, I don't even use Samsung's own keyboard - preferring the BlackBerry virtual keyboard for Android that was first pulled from the Priv years ago.

lucasdeeiroz

Jan 20, 2024
Visit site
This is one of the dumbest articles I ever read. The guy won't buy a phone because there are some features that his current phone doesn't have and they may be paid in 2 years. 2 years free of charge, and MAYBE they will start charging after that. All of the other features will remain free. But he prefers to keep a worse phone.
I guess this one won't use AI, ever. Because all companies say it is expensive to offer these features, and that's why all of them are planning to charge for using it.
As someone else said in here: he probably doesn't pay for internet either, since he won't buy a router and have to pay for internet every month to use it. TV? Nah, cable and streaming are paid. Lamps in the house? Candles don't have bills every month to use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali