Im torn

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I've mentioned before I don't see it... Pixel voice dictation is about as bad as on any other phone for me.

I'd like to hear what other people with non US and non southern UK accents think about the deal... Maybe the Americans with more interesting accents like thick Minesota or Massachusetts (I had to look that up lol) ones as well.

I also wholeheartedly believe this should not be a distinguishing Pixel feature.
I have a Brooklyn and Spanish accent when I tell you it spits out my words to a T ...when I speak to the assistant it's spot on...Siri and Bixby are not close in my years of testing ...

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I like the idea of it but have never really used it. As I said above too I am not sure what I think about all of this AI stuff in terms of privacy. I mean they probably know everything about me already, but still.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Brooklyn and Spanish accent when I tell you it spits out my words to a T ...when I speak to the assistant it's spot on...Siri and Bixby are not close in my years of testing ...
Bixby is definitely worse than google. When I say it's the same on my devices I'm comparing Google on the Pixel to Google on a Samsung.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I like the idea of it but have never really used it. As I said above too I am not sure what I think about all of this AI stuff in terms of privacy. I mean they probably know everything about me already, but still.
Yeah they do and I love when peeps tell me Apple is better for it ..haha

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Bixby is definitely worse than google. When I say it's the same on my devices I'm comparing Google to Google.
Gotcha ...if I use Google on my Samsung phones it's nowhere close for me ...and with Pixel I can talk and type at the same time while the mic stays on where with Samsung it deselects

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to love the customization that Samsung offered, and was a devoted Note user starting with the 2, all the way to still having an N10+ as one of my "side phones". At first, it was the camera that converted me, but what got me to stick was the simplicity and streamlined nature of Pixels. Samsung came with multiple messaging, email and Internet browser apps, along with bloatware out the wazoo. Yeah, I could clean it up, but then I'd have to worry about negatively affecting various components indirectly if I unknowingly messed with the wrong app.

Not bashing on Samsung, obviously as I still have one, but I'm pretty happy with my P8P...and look forward to trading it in for the P10, seven years of support be damned.