in android studio what is the gray directory with blue square icon mean?

tonny

May 27, 2023
Visit site
there is that icon which I see everywhere, and the more I see it the less sense it makes to me.

Its name is "module icon" if I understand correct, but it is far from appearing solely near modules.

take a look:

enter image description here

so when is this icon being used and what is its purpose?

btw, I am new here so Hi you guys!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to say welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, I don't have any development experience, so hopefully someone else here can help. :)

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
@EnthalpiousKitten

You familiar with this?
I'm not a Java or Kotlin coding Android dev, only a hobbyist dex bytecode pseudo-instruction (smali) reverse engineer who can understand a bit of Java when it's necessary, and my only experience with Android Studio is using it as an emulator for testing new versions of Android before I get my hands on a device running the new version.

Lack of dev experience on my end, it seems to be what is called a "module dependency" whatever that is in dev speak. You can see mentions here and there is a screenshot showing it too.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not a Java or Kotlin coding Android dev, only a hobbyist dex bytecode pseudo-instruction (smali) reverse engineer who can understand a bit of Java when it's necessary, and my only experience with Android Studio is using it as an emulator for testing new versions of Android before I get my hands on a device running the new version.

Lack of dev experience on my end, it seems to be what is called a "module dependency" whatever that is in dev speak. You can see mentions here and there is a screenshot showing it too.
Appreciate your help!

Reactions: Laura Knotek
May 12, 2023
Visit site
In Android Studio, the gray directory with a blue square icon represents a module in your project. A module is a self-contained unit containing the necessary code and resources to build a specific application component, such as an app, library, or feature module.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay