In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

Got ours activated last night. Took a couple hours chatting with Verizon. What took so long was we got ours unlocked. If we'd purchased from Verizon with the Sim card installed it would have been as breeze. Calls are working great. Having trouble with the texts but think we have it figured out (you can read about it in a different post). I believe once we get the text straightened out the watch will be a ten or of ten.

There is no SIM to install. There is no carrier locked version. They are all unlocked, with an E SIM. I got mine from verizon and it activated instantly. My wife got hers from best buy, and she took it to verizon and it was activated.

Not sure why people are worried about this. It is much more likely that low level verizon employees don't kno what they are doing, versus the watch just not working or not being supported.

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

Not just low level. Mine wasn't working talked to customer service they tried to get it working and it wouldn't work. Then had to call again they couldn't get it to work. So they upgraded to level 2 tech support. They couldn't get it to work. They upgraded it to the engineers. And it took them 4 days to get it to work. They said sometimes watches in general are stubborn sometimes so I very much think it's an eSim problem.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Just got my wife a 40mm LTE silver one. We tried calling ATT customer support and they essentially we had to log onto att.com/buy/wireless/select-plans in order to activate an e-Sim. Couldn't get it figured out so we went into an ATT store to activate. Could not get the watch to generate a sync code no matter what we tried so we could not utilize the LTE. Rep said to go home and keep trying, but still no go. Sounds like we need an intervention from ATT Level 5 technical support!

Anyone else have a problem with generating a sync code so the watch can activate on the ATT network by entering the watch sync code into the at&t app on the phone.

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I ended up having to go in store and they put in a new e-sim on their end to get it to work. It was a struggle for sure but I've had no problems since they switched sims.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I ended up having to go in store and they put in a new e-sim on their end to get it to work. It was a struggle for sure but I've had no problems since they switched sims.

We spent about 45 min. at the AT&T store last night trying to get the watch to generate a sync code.. Not sure if that's related to the e-sim or not. will keep trying for sure!

Spent another 1.5 hrs on the phone with AT&T customer support.. Nothing, nada, zip.. could not get the watch to generate a sync code. Maybe time to make another trip into the store and have them issue a new e-sim?

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I got my TMo LTE version today. Haven't tried to activate cellular yet as I wanted to compare connectivity between my S3 Frontier, Active 1, and Active 2 to see if there would be much of a difference in how far I could go from my phone while wearing my watch.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

We spent about 45 min. at the AT&T store last night trying to get the watch to generate a sync code.. Not sure if that's related to the e-sim or not. will keep trying for sure!

Spent another 1.5 hrs on the phone with AT&T customer support.. Nothing, nada, zip.. could not get the watch to generate a sync code. Maybe time to make another trip into the store and have them issue a new e-sim?

12/4/19 Update:
Spent another hour on the phone last night with AT&T tech support. We got a new e-sim card fedexd to use, but the tech support could not get the new sim to provision. They said they would provision it on their end and we should wait a min. of 6 hours. Tried connecting this morning and still no go.

This is frustrating. Will try once more to take it in to a retail store to see if they can get it to work and if not, will take it back to Best Buy and try and exchange for another LTE one. Not sure if it matters if I bought this from BEst Buy or if one purchased directly from AT&T will solve this issue or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte16