In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

I'm not sure what's going on with AT&T and the Samsung Galaxy Active2 LTE watches but I went into a local (Montana) ATT store today to view the LTE Active2 watches so I could check out which size would be best for me. They had display models but none in stock so the salesman went and looked online to see about ordering one and comes back and tells me that the Active2's are listed as "End of Life" in their system so he's unable to place an order! WTH? I told him that it's only been out for a month or so. So weird.

I do find it odd that even Samsung's website (US) doesn't sell them but leads you to search for a store. Best Buy has them listed on their website and just today states that it will be in stock Oct. 31st.

Is anyone else finding this to be really weird? Why even announce an LTE version
Do you think that there is some bad component in it and Samsung actually stopped Production?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

Damn, I hope not! Mine is being delivered tomorrow from Verizon. If what they said is true, I'm guessing support for it will suck, and I bought it primarily for the ECG feature which isn't expected until 1st quarter 2020!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: In-Store AT&T Rep can't order LTE Active2, says "End of Life" listed in System/discontinued!

I'm not sure what's going on with AT&T and the Samsung Galaxy Active2 LTE watches but I went into a local (Montana) ATT store today to view the LTE Active2 watches so I could check out which size would be best for me. They had display models but none in stock so the salesman went and looked online to see about ordering one and comes back and tells me that the Active2's are listed as "End of Life" in their system so he's unable to place an order! WTH? I told him that it's only been out for a month or so. So weird.

I do find it odd that even Samsung's website (US) doesn't sell them but leads you to search for a store. Best Buy has them listed on their website and just today states that it will be in stock Oct. 31st.

Is anyone else finding this to be really weird? Why even announce an LTE version
Do you think that there is some bad component in it and Samsung actually stopped Production?

Maybe the rep accidentally tried to order the Galaxy Watch not the Watch Active 2? I checked and T-Mobile still has them.

I'm guessing the Where to Buy thing on Samsung's site is about stock. I got a 2019 QLED TV direct from Samsung. It took Samsung several weeks after I could pick the same tv up from Best Buy and other stores before Samsung showed it for purchase on their website.

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Well I just got my LTE version from Verizon. 4 hours later on tech support. Saying it's a failed action. And that's from level 2 tech support. Now they are talking to engineers trying to backdoor active it. This is dumb. I'm supposed to power cycle it throughout the night just to see if someone can figure out how to activate a watch on Verizon.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

Well I just got my LTE version from Verizon. 4 hours later on tech support. Saying it's a failed action. And that's from level 2 tech support. Now they are talking to engineers trying to backdoor active it. This is dumb. I'm supposed to power cycle it throughout the night just to see if someone can figure out how to activate a watch on Verizon.
I wonder if there is something wrong with the Active2's then. Maybe ATT couldn't activate it either. The att guy said they got an order in last week. I just remembered something else. I had called the same store 4 days before to see if they were in stock & the woman that answered said "no, & we might not ever get them in." something for sure us going on with my att store. Maybe not others though.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Damn, I hope not! Mine is being delivered tomorrow from Verizon. If what they said is true, I'm guessing support for it will suck, and I bought it primarily for the ECG feature which isn't expected until 1st quarter 2020!
Are you having better luck than malachijd?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I was just looking at AT&T's site b/c I may switch carriers. Maybe they decided not to carry them b/c the Watch Active 2 isn't even on the site at all.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I was just looking at AT&T's site b/c I may switch carriers. Maybe they decided not to carry them b/c the Watch Active 2 isn't even on the site at all.
It has never shown up on their site but they did produce a couple of GWA2 videos on YouTube. Maybe they are duds & big problems with LTE.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

It has never shown up on their site but they did produce a couple of GWA2 videos on YouTube. Maybe they are duds & big problems with LTE.

Could be, or maybe there's something holding manufacturing back.

Buck 64

Sep 18, 2019
Visit site

Got ours activated last night. Took a couple hours chatting with Verizon. What took so long was we got ours unlocked. If we'd purchased from Verizon with the Sim card installed it would have been as breeze. Calls are working great. Having trouble with the texts but think we have it figured out (you can read about it in a different post). I believe once we get the text straightened out the watch will be a ten or of ten.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Got ours activated last night. Took a couple hours chatting with Verizon. What took so long was we got ours unlocked. If we'd purchased from Verizon with the Sim card installed it would have been as breeze. Calls are working great. Having trouble with the texts but think we have it figured out (you can read about it in a different post). I believe once we get the text straightened out the watch will be a ten or of ten.

I've been hearing for a while that Verizon has issues activating all smart watches that weren't bought from them. I think they can't figure e-sims out for whatever reason.

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

They are having trouble activating watches that are bought from them!!! In my talk with tech support level 2 She said that sometimes watches can be stubborn to activate. So I guess e-sims and Verizon aren't friends.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

They are having trouble activating watches that are bought from them!!! In my talk with tech support level 2 She said that sometimes watches can be stubborn to activate. So I guess e-sims and Verizon aren't friends.

Maybe I'm just spoiled with T-Mobile. When I got my Series 5 Apple Watch I didn't even have to call them. I already had a watch line, then used the watch app from my backup iPhone to switch the LTE over to my new AW.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site

my T-MOBILE watch active 2 is doing good. getting text and calls. leave my phone in the work van and get info when out of Bluetooth range.

Buck 64

Sep 18, 2019
Visit site

my T-MOBILE watch active 2 is doing good. getting text and calls. leave my phone in the work van and get info when out of Bluetooth range.

Just curious. How are emails doing?

SGN9_2019

Apr 6, 2019
Visit site

Does the watch function without activating the LTE service? Also how's the battery life on the 44mm version versus the non LTE version?

malachijd

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Yes the watch works without activating it. It gets a little over a day for me with 1 to 2 workouts plus sleep tracking. I haven't had it that long so still playing with it a lot so don't know if a full day with around 30% left is normal or or not.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

And of course I look at Samsung.com and you can finally purchase an LTE Active2 now so I looked at ATT.com and they also had one for sale. I call my local store and they had two 44mm AW2 gold watches in stock! Surprise, surprise..no longer end of life in the AT$T system!

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

I just ordered 44mm black from at&t with a delivery date of 11/11-11/13. Absolutely no stores around have them in stock which sucks. I switched from Apple so I'm hoping this suits me. I definitely miss glancing at my wrist for whatever info I'm looking for!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000