"in the coming weeks" came and went

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I to will be leaving Verizon, doesn't make sense to stay with them anymore. I also don't agree to pre-order a phone I am not interested in just to delay the inevitability of being thrown into the tiered data plan. It is a shame, I really wanted this phone.

Either Sprint or T-Mobile will be my next carrier. Leaning towards T-Mobile since they have the One~S....which is pretty much the Dinc 4G.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I to will be leaving Verizon, doesn't make sense to stay with them anymore. I also don't agree to pre-order a phone I am not interested in just to delay the inevitability of being thrown into the tiered data plan. It is a shame, I really wanted this phone.

Either Sprint or T-Mobile will be my next carrier. Leaning towards T-Mobile since they have the One~S....which is pretty much the Dinc 4G.

I really wish I could switch but no other carrier has good service where I live. ATT has some coverage but no where near as good as Verizon.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this device got canceled altogether. Assuming the rumors are right, $199.99 with $50 MIR for a 4" (I still think this is the perfect smartphone size for those of us that don't want a gargantuan phone) - but QHD - screen is not going to sell well next to a Galaxy S3 that's going also starting at $199. Spec-wise, the phone isn't a slouch considering it has the S4 in it, but the smaller screen size, less internal storage and similar price tags would almost certain result in lackluster sales because "bigger is better" in the average consumer's eyes. July will be S3 month and you couldn't even really release it in August because that will be dominated by iPhone rumors leading up to September's Apple event. Basically, if you're HTC, this phone is already sort of dead before it even ships. If it had launched same time the One S for T-Mobile did it would have done pretty good because this first half of the year was super slow. But, going up against something like an S3 and iPhone makes no sense.

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this device got canceled altogether. Assuming the rumors are right, $199.99 with $50 MIR for a 4" (I still think this is the perfect smartphone size for those of us that don't want a gargantuan phone) - but QHD - screen is not going to sell well next to a Galaxy S3 that's going also starting at $199. Spec-wise, the phone isn't a slouch considering it has the S4 in it, but the smaller screen size, less internal storage and similar price tags would almost certain result in lackluster sales because "bigger is better" in the average consumer's eyes. July will be S3 month and you couldn't even really release it in August because that will be dominated by iPhone rumors leading up to September's Apple event. Basically, if you're HTC, this phone is already sort of dead before it even ships. If it had launched same time the One S for T-Mobile did it would have done pretty good because this first half of the year was super slow. But, going up against something like an S3 and iPhone makes no sense.

So you think it's going to be the HTC Merge all over again?

I sure hope not because I really want this phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So you think it's going to be the HTC Merge all over again?

I sure hope not because I really want this phone.

Was the Merge announced then never officially released?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Was the Merge announced then never officially released?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The Merge was announced & Phil even did a hands on review, but I don't think was ever given a release date...then it just got scrapped by VZW.

verymadworld1988

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am of the opinion that the release of this phone straight up got canceled.

Close to 10 million people (including myself) pre-ordered that Galaxy S3 and a lot of us who did so on Verizon did it because it is our best hardware option on the network at this moment and we needed to upgrade before Verizon started implementing those INSANELY priced shared data plans. I'm now locked in on a grandfathered unlimited plan for another 2 years and I think I got a pretty good phone out of it. Why would I wait for something so middle of the road?

I think HTC is ashamed of this phone and the lukewarm reception it got when it was announced and is now sweeping its mistake under the rug and hoping people will forget about it. The Incredible 4g was a leftover from the pre One series days and it should have never seen the light of day. Hopefully they are doing a redesign on it and it will be released later on with the specs (One series worthy specs) that an OEM flagship phone on Americas largest and fastest network deserves.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i got a chance to try the Incredible 4G LTE today...yes it's coming soon, the screen is awesome, the size is perfect...sure it's no GS3, but this phone is the perfect addition to the Incredible family

Progenitor42

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I would not be surprised if the reported July 5 date was accurate. It's entirely possible that VZ has been waiting for the GS3 to be released and follow that up with the DInc4G a week later. So... next week GS3 then the week after that, DInc4G. Just a hopeful theory.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would not be surprised if the reported July 5 date was accurate. It's entirely possible that VZ has been waiting for the GS3 to be released and follow that up with the DInc4G a week later. So... next week GS3 then the week after that, DInc4G. Just a hopeful theory.

Actually ill think it'll be the opposite. This way they get more sales on the Dinc4g

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91