Incoming Call From --Turn it off?

janw75

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Whenever a call comes in, a voice anounces the caller by name. I have talked with both samsung and the best buy samsung guru and nothing works to then this off. Any ideas?
I love the phone - am leaving the dark side and Apple. :)

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Go into Settings>accessibility>vision and make sure TalkBack is off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

el_chazmo

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Did you manage to fix this?? I'm still having this issue. Spoke to Samsung and they were as helpful as a chocolate tea pot! Turn everything (previously mentioned off) and then factory reset it. Any more ideas how to stop the phone reading out who's calling?

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Language and input -> Scroll down to Read Notifications aloud and make sure they are all unchecked.

I just turned ON to have the phone read aloud "Calls from favorite contacts" and "Messages from priority senders."

Thanks, I never knew the phone had those features.

scrabbley

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Unchecking all the 'read notifications aloud' worked but now it won't read out callers if I turn hands free mode on. I can either have it read them out all the time, or never. What's the point of a hands free mode then?!

tammiday

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I just figured it out on my phone. Its stupid really. You have to make sure you don't have "answer incoming calls with voice" turned on. If you do, the phone will automatically talk to you so that you can reply. It took me forever to figure it out. Go to accessibility> answer and ending calls> voice control & make sure it is unchecked.

shanealt1

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
On my Droid Maxx, you must go to Settings, Accessibility, click TalkBack and on the bottom click Settings, then Uncheck "Speak Caller ID".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude