Incompatible apps!!

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
After getting the new pixel tablet I went through the process of installing my apps and noticed that play store flagged some as incompatible with my device such as:
GTA Chinatown Wars
Alien Blackout
Game of Life
Best Buy app!!?

All these ran with no problems when I installed them on my fire tablet with 4gb ram and an older version of os but not on a stock android device running the latest is with 8gb ram?

What gives??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might be different reasons for each app. When I look up GTA Chinatown Wars, I see that it's not compatible with any of my devices (and I have devices ranging from Android 13 all the way down to 8.1 on my old Pixel C), so that might be some developer issue.

I also see that Best Buy is compatible with my phones, Pixel C, and my Chromebooks, but not my Pixel Tablet either. I wonder if Google implemented some app requirements for Android 12L or Android 13 on tablets that the Best Buy app is not meeting? The same thing might apply to Alien Blackout and Game of Life.

You can try sending feedback to the developers of these apps and ask why they're not available for the Pixel Tablet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LastPass doesn't work very well on the Pixel Tablet either -- when I try to open it, it immediately closes again. It'll actually still autofill usernames and passwords, but I can't access the vault to edit anything. I contacted LastPass customer support (which has a horrible interface), and they confirmed it's a problem on the Pixel Tablet, but they also said there's no plan to address it.:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter