Infuse - My First SmartPhone, First time using SMS and DATA...

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Samsung Infuse a couple days ago. This is the first smartphone I have ever used, or even played with. I've never sent a text message (SMS) before nor have I ever used data on a phone. So this is my first experience with all of these modern features.

I spent weeks reading reviews and the Samsung Infuse was the one I chose, so hopefully this will be a good experience. I am just still getting over the sticker shock of the cost differences from normal dumb phones vs a decent smartphone package. ;)

I don't plan on using any streaming services or watching videos on the phone. So I do wonder if the 200mb data plan will be enough, since I have it set to connect to the wifi at my home and work which I am assuming it will use instead of 3G data.

Look forward to learning as much as possible from the forums here. ;)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Infuse - My First SmartPhone, First time using SMS and DATA..

I've had trouble on occasion with the infuse not finding the wifi as I arrive at home or work unless I turn it off then back on again. It is annoying.

I recommend paying the extra $10 for 2GB for the first month, then look at how much data you used. If you remain safely below, you can always cancel it then. Its better to pay $10 once than whatever overage you'd get.

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site

WOW!!!! That's difficult to even fathom. Seriously, I remember sending SMS 's back when they could only be sent/received between users with the same carrier and I was so envious when I read that folks in Europe could Sen/receive SMS's between phones using different carriers. I remember when a PDA and phone were two different devices AND pda's were black and white.

Congratulations on getting a smartphone and on getting such a good device. I've owned a poo pile of 'em and can honestly say the Infuse is a top notch device. The bad news is - you'll never be able to go back lol

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I've had trouble on occasion with the infuse not finding the wifi as I arrive at home or work unless I turn it off then back on again. It is annoying.

I recommend paying the extra $10 for 2GB for the first month, then look at how much data you used. If you remain safely below, you can always cancel it then. Its better to pay $10 once than whatever overage you'd get.
this is what i have done. I have had this phone almost a week. So far, coming from a nokio 6010, this is gigantic phone, hard to get stuff into the phone like music, video from my PC.....i am still new to it.

I bought the car charger and stuff from cartronics!!!!!! including the ballistic case for $18..

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

this is what i have done. I have had this phone almost a week. So far, coming from a nokio 6010, this is gigantic phone, hard to get stuff into the phone like music, video from my PC.....i am still new to it.

I bought the car charger and stuff from cartronics!!!!!! including the ballistic case for $18..

What is cartronics??? :) Was that the SG or HC Ballistic?

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

What is cartronics??? :) Was that the SG or HC Ballistic?
it was the sc which is thinner. the hc is a monster....cartronics accesories or something like that out of miami fla. the owners name is vin...he will bend over backwards to help you get what you want.....there are a couple cartronics on google but it is the one that sells cell accessories... hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan