Internet connection stops working after VZW update

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I got the Dec security update a few days ago. Now I have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get any kind of network connection. It shows 4g and wifi connected, but none of my apps that require internet will connect. I have cleared the cache, no change. A restart fixes the issue for a little while.

I have not noticed if phone and texting are affected.

Anyone else having network connection issues since the update?

Outside of a factory reset, any suggestions?

No new apps have been installed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone to Verizon and ask them to fix their update. They broke your phone (by forcing it to take the update), they're liable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I got the Dec security update a few days ago. Now I have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get any kind of network connection. It shows 4g and wifi connected, but none of my apps that require internet will connect. I have cleared the cache, no change. A restart fixes the issue for a little while.

I have not noticed if phone and texting are affected.

Anyone else having network connection issues since the update?

Outside of a factory reset, any suggestions?

No new apps have been installed.

Try resetting your network connections in settings if that dont work then you have to try factory reset . I'm sure Verizon will lead you to that also.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I must say I have seen a flash notification waiting to connect to network, however its been quickly resolved without any restart. About a second or 2 delay then connects. I will monitor this more closley. I have not noticed this across the board. However this flash notification is for both wifi and 4g.

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
Bring the phone to Verizon and ask them to fix their update. They broke your phone (by forcing it to take the update), they're liable.

LOL - Yeah, good luck with that.

Anyway, no issues here. And my mobile hotspot wasn't affected either.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I used my Note 9 on wifi for the first time yesterday, it lost internet a few times, all I did was pull the notification shade down and toggle wifi off/on.

Wasn't sure if it was the phone or the network, I have issues with WiFi at times on other devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya