Internet Tabs

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Is there a quick way to switch between tabs while browsing the Internet? I've done it a few times by accident while on a page and have no idea how I did it! Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Swiping left or right ON THE ADDRESS BAR usually does the trick. Are you using the stock browser or Chrome? That works for both though.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Using the stock browser. Swiping the address bar doesn't do it. I was near the middle of the page when I did it. It's happened a few times.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd... mine does it (Note 4). Sure, it's not an S5, but I remember the Note 3 and S4 did the same, don't see why it would change for the S5.

I just tap and hold on the address bar (or any part of it, even the menu button or the open tabs button) and can scroll between tabs.

If you press on the tab button, you'll get a thumbnail list of your open tabs and you can select which one you want to go to.

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Jay. That is what I do too. I was looking for some sort of a short cut, as I have accidentally done before. Just don't know how I did it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it on a friend's S5 and it does work on the stock browser... so weird that it doesn't on yours. His is a factory-unlocked version, so it might be a carrier issue? But then again, Chrome is not phone-dependent and it does work on Chrome too.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Sorry I took so long to reply. On my buddy's S5 both Chrome and the stock browser can switch between tabs by swiping on the address bar (it usually works better if you actually start the swipe outside the text field).

bullittmustang

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That works on chrome for me, although I never use chrome. Still trying to figure out how I managed to switch tabs by accident in the middle of the page.

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
nope, the swiping also doesn't work on mine. i've tried every possible swipe i could and nothing budges except when i hit the address bar then it highlights the URL :eek: I have always used the tab button to switch tabs as that's the only way I know how to.
i wonder if that feature is carrier/version specific like how some got the ability to turn off the shutter sound on the camera app even without updating to 4.4.4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
nope, the swiping also doesn't work on mine. i've tried every possible swipe i could and nothing budges except when i hit the address bar then it highlights the URL :eek: I have always used the tab button to switch tabs as that's the only way I know how to.
i wonder if that feature is carrier/version specific like how some got the ability to turn off the shutter sound on the camera app even without updating to 4.4.4

It shouldn't be... Chrome is not device-specific, and at least that should work across all devices.

alen98

May 16, 2015
Visit site
That's odd... mine does it (Note 4). Sure, it's not an S5, but I remember the Note 3 and S4 did the same, don't see why it would change for the S5.

I just tap and hold on the address bar (or any part of it, even the menu button or the open tabs button) and can scroll between tabs.

If you press on the tab button, you'll get a thumbnail list of your open tabs and you can select which one you want to go to.

Hi,it is old treat but i was reading and find solution if somebody still need it. When in chrome go to settings. Go to 'search and merge ' and switch to off. It has to be unchecked. Thats it,now you can switch tabs at the adress bar by switching left or right

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,it is old treat but i was reading and find solution if somebody still need it. When in chrome go to settings. Go to 'search and merge ' and switch to off. It has to be unchecked. Thats it,now you can switch tabs at the adress bar by switching left or right

That's only for the newest version of Chrome (and only Lollipop, I believe, but I might be wrong on that one). When the thread was started Chrome didn't have that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hennapatel