Intrusive google play store

JDHJDH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Does google play store have to be involved in app installs?
If not, how do I get around its intrusiveness?
background: when I want to install an app from a website, some how I get routed to a google playstore site.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the website is purposely sending you to the store to download the sites app.... I don't see why that's an issue.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you're trying to steal it, if you want to circumvent the Play store. If you aren't, explain why this is a problem.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Does google play store have to be involved in app installs?
If not, how do I get around its intrusiveness?
background: when I want to install an app from a website, some how I get routed to a google playstore site.

You're not clicking on a link to download an app, you're clicking on a link to an app's page in the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7

JDHJDH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Except for the one who accused me of stealing. Not cool when you have so little data.
I figured it out.
I have not used google play and am not used to applications asking me to log into something I don't think have anything to do with a free walmart mobile app offered on the walmart site.
I am new to android. I get annoyed at software that tries to help too much like microsoft. It affects my productivity.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Except for the one who accused me of stealing. Not cool when you have so little data.
I figured it out.
I have not used google play and am not used to applications asking me to log into something I don't think have anything to do with a free walmart mobile app offered on the walmart site.
I am new to android. I get annoyed at software that tries to help too much like microsoft. It affects my productivity.

"Not cool when you have so little data"

That's not @sledges fault. You left the data out whether intentional or unintentional. Believe me, he's not the only one who'd have that thought.

Forums are full of people trying to pull a fast one disguised as "needing help."

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

JDHJDH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Not smart to make a conclusion with too little data. Better to keep quiet.
I don't care about those other people. I am not the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny