Invites Again? Ugh!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I get they say it will be better than last time but I will say I am sad to see the "invite" system again. If my order is on a back-order I get that they are just out of stock but the invite just gets to me since I have to be invited to give them my money? I know not everyone feels this way .. Just a personal thing for me.

This is how you can get an invite for the OnePlus 2 | Android Central

What are your thoughts on it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, not a good way to get these out the door. But at least gives you that 'I'm exclusive!' feeling if you do get one, though.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I was interested but I think I'll pass. Don't care for the invite system, heard they have poor customer service and I just purchased two phones (G4 and Idol 3) in less than 8 weeks.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Gamexplode

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, this really feels bad but it's not really an issue if you're really a fan, you can get an invite easily.

My concern is their shipping thing. (Please consider if off topic)
I bought my OP1 from online shop because they can't ship it to my country. Now I have to wait for it to be available on any online shop.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
We'll see how their system works this year. I get why they are doing it, but is it really that big of a deal if they just open it up to anyone and shutdown sales at a later time once inventory is depleted? I don't think people will mind being put on a waiting list or backorder status if they are able to get in and purchase without an invite.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Should be better this year with the "reservation" system they'll have going on. I know once it goes live, I'll be putting my name in the hat :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't too thrilled with the invite/reservation thing either. Like srkmagnus said, open up sales to everyone, and inform of backorders when the inventory is gone.

Concussionman

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Invites are just there to prioritize the release. Giving the invites to people with social outlets will, in itself, perpetuate the "hype" around the phone. The invites keep the phone elusive rather than underproduced.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Should be better this year with the "reservation" system they'll have going on. I know once it goes live, I'll be putting my name in the hat :)

Pretty much, hoping to see if I can get a invite as I never managed to buy the 1st one due to this.

But hopefully the process is smother

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user1301