iPhone 14 Pro Max to S23 Ultra... Anyone been brave enough this soon?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting an S23 Ultra later this week through my company; so decided to sell the iPhone 14 Pro Max on as I don't want/need two flagships in my arsenal (still have my Pixel 4XL and an iPad Pro etc) as well as all my other Mac stuff

Anyone been brave enough to make this move?

Selling the iPhone will give me c£1k UK Sterling in my back pocket in case I decide to brave the iPhone 15 Pro Max haha

But really excited to get the S23 Ultra as it looks like it's a proper step up this time IMO

The S22U didn't interest me at all; I loved my Note 20 Ultra, but the S21U for me was a wrong move...

My wife's got my Pixel 7 Pro as her Samsung A52 5G started to get useless and I couldn't be arsed trying to sort it

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Decided against the move; taking the £1k as a voucher, so buying a new iPad Pro instead haha...

The A53 5G business mobile I've got is still doing a great job; I'm too into Apple as it stands; I may brave Android again in the very near future

Will see what they make of the Fold 5!

Reactions: Talderon

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting an S23 Ultra later this week through my company; so decided to sell the iPhone 14 Pro Max on as I don't want/need two flagships in my arsenal (still have my Pixel 4XL and an iPad Pro etc) as well as all my other Mac stuff

Anyone been brave enough to make this move?

Selling the iPhone will give me c£1k UK Sterling in my back pocket in case I decide to brave the iPhone 15 Pro Max haha

But really excited to get the S23 Ultra as it looks like it's a proper step up this time IMO

The S22U didn't interest me at all; I loved my Note 20 Ultra, but the S21U for me was a wrong move...

My wife's got my Pixel 7 Pro as her Samsung A52 5G started to get useless and I couldn't be arsed trying to sort it
I just watched this newly-uploaded video yesterday. Plenty of specific examples of how to navigate the transition.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well the turn of events for me is that I was contacted by someone on one of the hifi forums I'm on asking if I ever look to sell my iPhone 14 PM and Apple Watch Ultra to let him know as he's after both but doesn't want to pay full prices for them nor does he want to risk eBay...

So deal done
biggrin.gif

I've got an S23U on its way to me tomorrow via Amazon and I've popped the remaining funds into a separate pot in my bank account for when the iPhone 15 PM gets released (hopefully with Thunderbolt/USB C connectivity)...

Will report back/update when it lands and I've got everything transferred across
thumbsup.gif

I'm so weak willed haha 😂

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I have done that. Sold my 14 PM and got an Ultra.

I miss the camera when taking pictures on moving objects, the Ultra really sucks on that.

Then FaceID is so much better than the fingerprint reader so that's what I am missing most. And loosing iMessage is also a bit inconvenient.

But I am pretty satisfied with the rest but the iPhone 15 Pro Max will be tempting

Reactions: Dan_B1979

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have done that. Sold my 14 PM and got an Ultra.

I miss the camera when taking pictures on moving objects, the Ultra really sucks on that.

Then FaceID is so much better than the fingerprint reader so that's what I am missing most. And loosing iMessage is also a bit inconvenient.

But I am pretty satisfied with the rest but the iPhone 15 Pro Max will be tempting

The camera really isn't an issue for me

I do like FaceID, but then again I've been very used to the fingerprint reader, so again, not an issue with that

Re iMessage; I've got my M1 MBA, M1 Mac Mini and M2 iPad Pro 11"; so have decent access to it that way; however most messaging is done via WhatsApp etc

Reactions: Super Spartan

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The camera really isn't an issue for me

I do like FaceID, but then again I've been very used to the fingerprint reader, so again, not an issue with that

Re iMessage; I've got my M1 MBA, M1 Mac Mini and M2 iPad Pro 11"; so have decent access to it that way; however most messaging is done via WhatsApp etc
I assume you're not in the United States, I've mentioned WhatsApp to several people and they have no idea what I'm talking about. From reading up on it, WhatsApp is popular in other countries due to text limits and such which is not limited in the United States so we just use the texting thru the carriers. Even when texting was limited and had a cost I couldn't get people to use WhatsApp which would have been free.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I would like to try iPhone once the following are addressed.

- Option to run two apps at a time
- Dex like support
- Proper file manager support and access to NAS
- USB-C support (not crippled)
- Search for a contact in Phone dialer
- User control on creating folders in app drawer
- Universal back gesture
- Full control to choose default apps
- Reverse wireless charging
- Number rows in keyboard
- Improve charging speeds
- Option to hide whatsapp calls in call history of phone
- Address limited entries in Call history - Monkey island needs to go away

Ok, I will stop here for now...

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I would like to try iPhone once the following are addressed.

- Option to run two apps at a time
- Dex like support
- Proper file manager support and access to NAS
- USB-C support (not crippled)
- Search for a contact in Phone dialer
- User control on creating folders in app drawer
- Universal back gesture
- Full control to choose default apps
- Reverse wireless charging
- Number rows in keyboard
- Improve charging speeds
- Option to hide whatsapp calls in call history of phone
- Address limited entries in Call history - Monkey island needs to go away

Ok, I will stop here for now...
I have owned 2 iPhones in my life.

1. Original iPhone. I tried it moving from Windows CE Smart Phone and HATED IT!! No multi-tasking, copy/paste and a slew of other issues
2. iPhone 7 (whatever they called the big variant) - Lack of customization and also the lack of tools that would allow me to use a CLi among other things I have forgotten

Regardless, for myself, I refuse to ever use an iPhone again. Now, I have friends and family that have iPhones and for them, it's GREAT and more power to them for their choice, but I won't try and convert them since they are happy with what they have. They did find a down-side to it through. Since I am the "Technical Support" for the family, if they have iPhone questions, they now know that I am the last person they should ask. Not because I DON'T WANT to help, but I simply just can't since I would do what they would do when they ask me questions, Search the Web for the answer. lol I really am lost when on an iPhone, but it is what it is.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I assume you're not in the United States, I've mentioned WhatsApp to several people and they have no idea what I'm talking about. From reading up on it, WhatsApp is popular in other countries due to text limits and such which is not limited in the United States so we just use the texting thru the carriers. Even when texting was limited and had a cost I couldn't get people to use WhatsApp which would have been free.
All my friends in Europe/UK use WhatsApp. I actually use it a lot here with many friends, but you're right - it's so much more in use overseas than here most likely because so many people have iPhones and use iMessage whereas you don't have the same iPhone dominance outside of North America. That said, I also use other apps since I have friends that use others... Line and Wechat.

Odonaata

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
All my friends in Europe/UK use WhatsApp. I actually use it a lot here with many friends, but you're right - it's so much more in use overseas than here most likely because so many people have iPhones and use iMessage whereas you don't have the same iPhone dominance outside of North America. That said, I also use other apps since I have friends that use others... Line and Wechat.

I wish I could get everyone to use Whatsapp but nope. No such luck.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well I've made the move and so far very impressed...

The screen to me is better than the iPhone. Feels brighter and a bit more slick.

Only taken a few pics so far and I'd say they're neck n neck, but will see how they go the more I take...

What is good is being able to set the phone up how I want (Nova launcher etc) and being able to use custom ringtone via Zedge and the likes

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I've made the move and so far very impressed...

The screen to me is better than the iPhone. Feels brighter and a bit more slick.

Only taken a few pics so far and I'd say they're neck n neck, but will see how they go the more I take...

What is good is being able to set the phone up how I want (Nova launcher etc) and being able to use custom ringtone via Zedge and the likes
I don't ever pick on anyone for using an iPhone/Apple devices (unless we're just having fun) because I feel everyone should use what they like and whatever works they way they want.

Now, on a PERSONAL level, I LOVE how integrated Apple Devices are, BUT, I hate how locked into their infrastructure people have to be to use everything. I like Android and in particular Samsung devices for many reasons, but I have other Android devices that are not Samsung and still feel even with the major fragmentation of Android, for someone who likes to tinker and play around with settings, the look and feel, Android is far superior than Apple here.

I also like how innovative Android is. Apple did some major innovations and still has some things they have innovated well, but, they are playing catchup now.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys what they are using and having fun! :D