iphone coming to vzw soon?!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
What basis do you guys have to say the iphone is coming to VZW? You said you overheard a rep say that? VZW reps don't know anything. Anyone on these boards knows twice what a rep does. The ONLY basis that I know of that these rumors started was that Apple placed a large order for CDMA radios. Are you guys aware that Apple does indeed sell their products outside the USA? China has plenty of CDMA networks.

The slander VZW has put up on Apple and the fact they want to bloat up the iphone, which apple won't let them leads me personally to believe this will never happen.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
What basis do you guys have to say the iphone is coming to VZW? You said you overheard a rep say that? VZW reps don't know anything. Anyone on these boards knows twice what a rep does. The ONLY basis that I know of that these rumors started was that Apple placed a large order for CDMA radios. Are you guys aware that Apple does indeed sell their products outside the USA? China has plenty of CDMA networks.

The slander VZW has put up on Apple and the fact they want to bloat up the iphone, which apple won't let them leads me personally to believe this will never happen.

Outside of the news articles that states that it IS going to happen it would be an illogical move NOT to do it for both companies. It has been estimated that if the iPhone comes VZW it will make over a billion dollar world wide in the first day... Those are numbers i would like to see if i was a CEO of either company.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
And those news articles all point to the same basis.... Nothing. There is not a single reliable source for any of this.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Money. Money is the reliable source if you don't want to believe the news for whatever reason. Like i said, it would be completely illogical for both companies not to make a deal and get the iPhone on VZW. There is TOO much money to be made.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, but consider this: From Steve Job's point of view, why would he argue and put up with VZW, pay for their crap, when he can sell the iphone/ipad to a global CDMA network that is begging to carry the iphone? My point is there are plenty of higher bidders in the world and if you want to think of a money standpoint then there is more money to be made without Verizon.

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll stick with my X until my current contract is up or I get an early upgrade offer...after that who knows. It'll be very difficult for me to leave Droid with the way Apple and RIM's products currently operate...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332