iPhone Converter

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had just paid off my iphone 12 pro max and lo and behold I started having issues with my phone shutting off out of nowhere. A trip to the apple store and Verizon later, and now I have a Pixel 7 pro in snow, pixel watch and pixel buds a series.

I really mulled over getting the iPhone 14 pro max, but ultimately decided that I wasn't about to pay a buttload more money for essentially the same phone experience with a slightly better camera and dynamic island.

Biggest complaint is Rhino shield doesn't make the crash guard case for the Pixel 7 pro. It's one of my favorite cases.

Things I've noticed, battery life is actually a heck of a lot better than I expected, but charging is a lot slower than I expected.

The pixel watch was an absolute nightmare to get set up and is so not intuitive. I'm pretty tech savvy and was having trouble getting it to pair and sync up throughout the multiple apps. I still get a notification to set up my watch through the Fitbit app every time I open it, even though it's already set up. 2/10 experience with that. Google definitely has a ways to go with that for sure.

Pixel buds are nice, they are WAY more comfortable than airpods. I'll die on that hill. Sound isn't too bad on them either. I think airpods might have an advantage on sound quality but they should since I paid a lot more for them.

I have the UAG scout? Case in green, but on the hunt for a bumper case or maybe even switch it up and get a folio style. I'd appreciate any recommendations on those if anyone has any. I checked out the case thread and didn't see anyone post a bumper or folio style case.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the Pixel club! Glad you're enjoying it so far. I wonder why you had such problems setting up the Pixel Watch, though -- it was smooth sailing for me. I actually had more problems setting up my Fossil Gen 6 back up after it got the Wear OS 3.0 update (which essentially required a factory reset, and pairing through Fossil's own app instead of the Wear OS app).

Fast charging has always been one of the weaker points of the Pixel, but the way I look at it, fast charging is one of those things that could negatively impact the battery over time, so I don't mind slower "fast-charging", as it were.

I don't know if you're an avid photographer, but I hope you enjoy what is arguably the Pixel's greatest strength, which is the awesome camera. It just keeps getting better and better!

cornettbr

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Pixel club! Glad you're enjoying it so far. I wonder why you had such problems setting up the Pixel Watch, though -- it was smooth sailing for me. I actually had more problems setting up my Fossil Gen 6 back up after it got the Wear OS 3.0 update (which essentially required a factory reset, and pairing through Fossil's own app instead of the Wear OS app).

Fast charging has always been one of the weaker points of the Pixel, but the way I look at it, fast charging is one of those things that could negatively impact the battery over time, so I don't mind slower "fast-charging", as it were.

I don't know if you're an avid photographer, but I hope you enjoy what is arguably the Pixel's greatest strength, which is the awesome camera. It just keeps getting better and better!
I don't know, the watch kept cycling back to the continue on phone screen during the setup and wouldn't come out of it even when the phone said it was done with the set up. I had to reset it at least 6 times to get it to finally go through the setup. Then I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon to get the cellular service added.

And the camera is fantastic. I've already been enjoying it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, is this the Pixel Watch LTE? If so, maybe the LTE part adds more potential for glitchiness ...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Congrats I have pixel pro in Snow also great device but also have iPhone 14 pro max both are great.

Sent from my iPhone 14 pro Max using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, I had just paid off my iphone 12 pro max and lo and behold I started having issues with my phone shutting off out of nowhere. A trip to the apple store and Verizon later, and now I have a Pixel 7 pro in snow, pixel watch and pixel buds a series.

I really mulled over getting the iPhone 14 pro max, but ultimately decided that I wasn't about to pay a buttload more money for essentially the same phone experience with a slightly better camera and dynamic island.

Biggest complaint is Rhino shield doesn't make the crash guard case for the Pixel 7 pro. It's one of my favorite cases.

Things I've noticed, battery life is actually a heck of a lot better than I expected, but charging is a lot slower than I expected.

The pixel watch was an absolute nightmare to get set up and is so not intuitive. I'm pretty tech savvy and was having trouble getting it to pair and sync up throughout the multiple apps. I still get a notification to set up my watch through the Fitbit app every time I open it, even though it's already set up. 2/10 experience with that. Google definitely has a ways to go with that for sure.

Pixel buds are nice, they are WAY more comfortable than airpods. I'll die on that hill. Sound isn't too bad on them either. I think airpods might have an advantage on sound quality but they should since I paid a lot more for them.

I have the UAG scout? Case in green, but on the hunt for a bumper case or maybe even switch it up and get a folio style. I'd appreciate any recommendations on those if anyone has any. I checked out the case thread and didn't see anyone post a bumper or folio style case.

That sounds crazy apple devices usually last much longer congratulations on your new device.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That sounds crazy apple devices usually last much longer congratulations on your new device.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My in-laws' Apple Watches have lasted five years....My Fitbits crash after a year and a bit. Even though I prefer Android and Fitbits, I definitely see the value and quality of Apple devices and Apple's customer service is really good.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
My in-laws' Apple Watches have lasted five years....My Fitbits crash after a year and a bit. Even though I prefer Android and Fitbits, I definitely see the value and quality of Apple devices and Apple's customer service is really good.
I had my Samsung watch active 2 for 4yrs without a problem before traded it for watch 4. This has been doing great.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app