Is anyone else excited about xCloud Game Streaming?

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I was just curious if anyone else was excited about the new xCloud Gaming Service coming to GamePass?

I was fortunate enough to get in on the Beta with my Note 10+ and man, I LOVED it. I loved being able to play AAA titles in my phone on the go. Granted, that meant I had to carry my xBox controller with me, but all in all, still great!

I love how it's going to be included with GamePass and using Dex, I was able to play on my TV. Understandably, I was doing this for testing as my xBox OneX will be used mainly on the TV.

Regardless, the games were great and the ability to play "on the go" is nice as well. It was pretty funny when I was in my Dr's waiting room for my appointment, I pulled out my phone, my controller and was playing Gears 5 on my phone. Had a couple other people ask about it and it was fun to show off. :D

To me, in all honesty, the "Console Wars" are over. Not because one company won and another lost, it's because consoles will become a "thing of the past" if Microsoft has their way. I have been a GamePass Ultimate subscriber since the beginning and am paid through 2022, so I don't see this going away anytime soon. I get to play a wide variety of games that I may have never tried before. I bought some of them when they were getting ready to leave GamePass and am glad I had the chance to branch out and try new games without having to drop the money down on them and worry about having to return them if I didn't like them.

The selection of games keeps getting better and better and the service, for the price, is invaluable. Albeit, I do get a pretty steep discount being ex-Microsoft myself (yeah, cheating, I know). :D

Anyone else have any thoughts? Good, Bad, Ugly?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been a gamer for 30 years and personally not excited, I haven't played a game on my phone in months.

I do wish this tech existed when I was a teen or in college when I gamed all the time. It's definitely a good thing for the gaming industry.