Is anyone having problems with Trusted Faces on the G4?

J_Droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Trusted Faces problems

Anyone having problems with Trusted Faces on the G4? I have the Verizon variant. I have Smart Lock enabled as a Trusted Agent in Security settings, and I have set up Trusted Face. (I also use Trusted Location, Trusted Device, and On-body Detection with no issues.) But - the face unlock option never appears on my lock screen. If I manually lock the phone, shouldn't it then allow me to face unlock? Instead all I get is the PIN pad.

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Trusted Faces problems

It's not going to show a "face unlock" icon or anything, but it is working. Even though it shows the dial pad facial recognition IS working

Posted via my G4....because my Nexus 5 died #sadpanda

J_Droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes, the article is what got me interested in checking out the feature in the first place! Here's what it says:

"Now when you turn on your display and want to get through your lock screen security, you will see a little icon at the bottom of your screen. As soon as the screen turns on, the icon will change to the outline of a person. This means that your phone or tablet is using your front facing camera and trying to recognize you."

None of that is happening for me. I can stare at the lock screen as long as I want, but it won't unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Yes, the article is what got me interested in checking out the feature in the first place! Here's what it says:

"Now when you turn on your display and want to get through your lock screen security, you will see a little icon at the bottom of your screen. As soon as the screen turns on, the icon will change to the outline of a person. This means that your phone or tablet is using your front facing camera and trying to recognize you."

None of that is happening for me. I can stare at the lock screen as long as I want, but it won't unlock.

Read my post, and re do your trusted face problem solved

J_Droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Read my post, and re do your trusted face problem solved

krifor03 I read your post and redid my trusted face, but still not working. What am I missing?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The only other thing I can think of is the camera not engaging. This happened on my Nexus 5 quite often. Did you try hard resetting your phone? Pulling the battery while the phone is on

J_Droid

May 12, 2010
Visit site

The only other thing I can think of is the camera not engaging. This happened on my Nexus 5 quite often. Did you try hard resetting your phone? Pulling the battery while the phone is on

Just tried your suggestion but no luck. :( Thanks for all your help!

Britt_Luvz_Budz

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon g4 and experienced this same issue. I was able to fix this by turning off the on body detection as well as trusted place. I also reset my smart face. My smart face feature now works again. For the curiousity in me I went back and turned body detection back on and checked my phone, once again, smart face would not work. The same when turned the trusted place on again. I again disabled on body detection and left trusted place off and my smart face is working now everytime. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Doohickie

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I've set up all the Smart Locks except voice (because I don't like talking to my phone unless I'm calling someone). They all work, but they are not all 100% all the time. When you re-setup your face recognition, it's not deleting the old one; i'ts adding new images of you. So if it doesn't work so well, try the setup routine in different lighting, with and without glasses, etc., and it should get better at recognizing you.

What I see on my LG G4 is a camera icon in the lower right and a little animated arrow pointing from it toward the center of the screen. Even if I tap to get the keypad to show, the face recognition continues to try to identify me (as evidenced by the little animated arrow). If the animation stops, that seems to indicate facial recognition fail. If it's successful I get a message near the bottom of the screen that says, "Unlocked by Smart Lock." They I swipe my lock screen to wake it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LakesidePark