Is anyone using Google Pixel on T-mobile?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine EXCEPT that I had to turn off WiFi calling. Outgoing calls work fine, but when people called me they didn't hear the ring on their end so I got a lot of hang ups.

Quite a few people have reported the same problem and it's only with Pixels on T-Mobile WiFi calling. Those that have notified them about the issue still have no resolution.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Couple of big problems with wifi calling here. Callers don't hear ringing on their phone, for one thing. The other thing is that calls don't go to voicemail unless I reject them multiple times. If a call isn't answered, the call appears to not be forwarded to voicemail. So it rings 3 times on my phone, and instead of going to voicemail it rings 3 more times on my phone. Then does that again a couple more times, and finally just stops on my end. The caller hears no rings during all this, and finally gets a busy signal.

Really borked. If this is how T-Mobile does wifi calling, I'm not going to stay with them very long. I need wifi calling, no alternatives.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I should note that I just tried the T-Mobile SIM in an iPhone 6S and that works perfectly with wifi calling (of course). I guess it's just the Pixel that's broken with wifi calling, on pretty much all the cellular providers that try to support the Pixel. I do have an alternative, the iPhone, but I'd rather use the Pixel. Dammit!

Last edited:

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. It's a serious issue for me but I haven't decided how I want to handle it yet but moving away from the Pixel is a possibility. I don't want to do that but it has to be one of the options.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Okay, now I'm wondering if I'm having problems with wifi calling because I'm on prepaid...does anyone have wifi calling working right on a Pixel that's not using a prepaid account? I might try upgrading to a full T-Mobile One account before leaving T-Mobile altogether.

However, the fact that the iPhone works fine with wifi calling on the same prepaid account makes me doubt that the problem is the prepaid account.

Any experiences out there?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Worked fine until I hooked it up with my Gear S3 and ran into big issues with Wi-Fi calls. The caller hears no rings and voicemail never picks up the call.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel on T-Mobille and for me WiFi calling has always worked. I'm on a post-paid plan and for what it's worth I have one of the T-Mobile Cell-Spot routers so I don't know if that makes any difference. But I have never had a problem making or recieving calls over WiFi at home.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes on WIFI calling people can't hear it ring so they continue to call you back

Couple of big problems with wifi calling here. Callers don't hear ringing on their phone, for one thing. The other thing is that calls don't go to voicemail unless I reject them multiple times. If a call isn't answered, the call appears to not be forwarded to voicemail. So it rings 3 times on my phone, and instead of going to voicemail it rings 3 more times on my phone. Then does that again a couple more times, and finally just stops on my end. The caller hears no rings during all this, and finally gets a busy signal.

Really borked. If this is how T-Mobile does wifi calling, I'm not going to stay with them very long. I need wifi calling, no alternatives.

Had that issue when on the February security patch (T-Mobile) . The March security patch seems to have resolved that issue

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Had that issue when on the February security patch (T-Mobile) . The March security patch seems to have resolved that issue

Glad to hear it. For me, wifi calling was just too messed up, and like I said, I absolutely have to have wifi calling with T-Mobile, or I can't make or get calls at home. So I went back to Project Fi where I have wifi calling and Sprint as well as T-Mobile. And it's cheaper for me. I really wanted T-Mobile to work out, not that happy with waiting for Project Fi to switch cellular providers as much as it does, but T-Mobile just didn't come together in time for me to be able to stay.

Glad that you're happy with T-Mobile, though! And that they've straightened out their wifi calling problems on the Pixel. Maybe I'll try them again some time.

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I am using T Mobile with Wifi calling. It works great never have an issue. I switched to Wifi calling because at home I would get snaps pop sounds under LTE calls. Actually I also have a Nexus 6 with Wifi call and both work great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC