Is HTC Sense (3.5 or 4.0) going to ruin the ICS experience?

Coleus

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Frankly the 4.0.3 radios have fixed what little issue there was with the Gnex radios.

Volume .. haven't had issue with this what so ever .. in fact the wife complains to me that it's really loud.
You are the only poster I have ever seen claim that. Volume+ fixes the volume issue. However, the leaked 4.0.3 radios don't fix the signal issue.

I think these two issue are not as much of an issue as the loud crowd doing the complaining would have you believe.

Just depends on where you are using the phone. If you are in strong 4G territory, it isn't as much of an issue. Where I live, 4G extended, my 4G speeds are terrible and my phone is constantly switching back and forth between 3G and 4G and when it does, it drops calls.

I love my GNex, but it is far from perfect.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You are the only poster I have ever seen claim that. Volume+ fixes the volume issue.

Uhh somehow I don't think you've spent any time looking if you think that that's the truth.

Just depends on where you are using the phone. If you are in strong 4G territory, it isn't as much of an issue. Where I live, 4G extended, my 4G speeds are terrible and my phone is constantly switching back and forth between 3G and 4G and when it does, it drops calls.

Wait. You live in an extended area, and then complain because your lte service isn't perfect. Uhm, HELLO. They call it an extended area for a reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Uhh somehow I don't think you've spent any time looking if you think that that's the truth.

Wait. You live in an extended area, and then complain because your lte service isn't perfect. Uhm, HELLO. They call it an extended area for a reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

:D

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You are the only poster I have ever seen claim that. Volume+ fixes the volume issue. However, the leaked 4.0.3 radios don't fix the signal issue.
You haven't kept up with this forum then. Alot of us started using volume+ a day or two after the GN was released.

Leaked versions of updates do not always everything that will be included in the official release.

Who has said the GN is perfect?

I think for things like this, the people that have problems will be the loudest and most vocal. It generally is not the majority. I think that if the alleged signal issues were as severe as some people want us to believe VZW, Google and Samsung would be deluge with complaints and the necessary fix would be rolled out rapidly.

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
What is ICS lacking that Sense makes up for?

can't full speak for ics, but the HTC calendar widget is one of the best and useful calendar widgets I have ever used. When I got the d2 I paid and upgraded to launcher pro premium because of how similar their calendar widget is to the on on htc devices.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't ya'll love it when peeps from the GN forums drop in and threadjack so they can bicker about unrelated device issues in our neck of the woods. <= J/K, sarcasm, I couldn't let an opportunity to bust some Nexii b@llz.

chucknine

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
What is ICS lacking that Sense makes up for?

The lock screen is awesome,screen transitions look cool.....but really I haven't messed with ics very much like I said.In the past I've compared my phone to my sisters d1 and my friends dx.Blew my mind that they had to download most of what I had out of the box.Plus there's nothing wrong with eye candy even if It's for showing off my hd android device to fanboys at work.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The lock screen is awesome,screen transitions look cool.....but really I haven't messed with ics very much like I said.In the past I've compared my phone to my sisters d1 and my friends dx.Blew my mind that they had to download most of what I had out of the box.Plus there's nothing wrong with eye candy even if It's for showing off my hd android device to fanboys at work.

Well if you haven't really used ICS very much you really don't know if it is missing anything.

As for having to download things, I have no problem with that. Leave the choice up to the phone owner might do not force it on them as is the practice right now with each of the phone manufacturers.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well if you haven't really used ICS very much you really don't know if it is missing anything.

As for having to download things, I have no problem with that. Leave the choice up to the phone owner might do not force it on them as is the practice right now with each of the phone manufacturers.

I had a nexus and thought that stock ICS was kind of bland and missing some things. I used to be against skins as I had various moto, samsung and htc phones, but I actually kind of miss the little things they added to the experience. I am not one of the "i need an update now" and would rather the bugs get worked out first anyway. I traded my nexus for a rezound and going to see how I like the rezound compared to the nexus.

Superfone2

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The (other) question is whether or not ICS will ruin the Sense experience!

The stock ICS email client is not nearly as good as the one from HTC on the Rezound, and I hope that HTC will be successful in porting Sense to ICS.

chucknine

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

You have a point.......I mostly bought the rezound for hardware specs plus knowing it will get ICS.Also coming from the dinc I knew what I was getting with sense and I don't mind it.The Verizon bloat is another story.Plus I really like my cap. buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya