Is it possible to remove AccuWeather? Are the "Weather Settings" only for Accuweather?

ijskonijn

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Is it correct that with S7:
- AccuWeather can't be removed?
I just can drag this widget to the trash.

- Under Settings > Applications > Default applications, I see "Weather Settings".
Is it correct that these settings only belong to AccuWeather?

- Under Settings > Applications > Application Manager, I also find another "Weather Settings". I cannot disable it, just "Force Stop" is possible.
Belongs this only to "AccuWeather"?
If it is, may I "Force Stop" this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can force stop it. It shouldn't restart unless you restart the device. There is an app in Play called Package disabler; it is a paid app meant to disable apps in Samsung devices.

ijskonijn

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
- Under Settings > Applications > Default applications, there are weather settings.
Is it correct that these settings only belong to AccuWeather?

- Under Settings > Applications > Application Manager, there are also weather settings. I cannot disable it, just "Force Stop" is possible.
Belongs this only to "AccuWeather"?
If it is, may I "Force Stop" this?

Attachments

• Weather Settings.jpg
    Weather Settings.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 27

ks2problema

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For gosh-sake, the questioner seems to want to replace Accuweather with a better weather service.

(Heaven knows, it seems wrong in my area far more than it's right. But it does have those amusingly 'precise' little 'rain for 22 minute' messages. I looked at one of those for hours the other day when it was brilliantly sunny and blue-skyed. Good for laughs, if nothing else.)

I don't have that phone but if his phone displays the weather on the desktop, it's likely from a widget that can be removed and replaced with a different app and widget.