is it worth it

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Not wanting to go into lots of details as to the why, but the choice is do I stay with my iPhone 4s or buy the G with no contract. the phone is only a stop gap until I feel like there's an android phone I want to spend my hard earned on.

I just feel I need to go back to android but I don't want to take a step back in terms of the phone and was wondering does anyone have any first hand experience of going from 4s to G and are you happy about the change.

Thanks for the help

Posted via the Android Central App

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I think so to . just looking for opinions from people who have made the change

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've used a 4s for a day and I have to say if you can live with the storage then your good!! This phone totally out performs the 4s in many aspects such as battery, speed, and data output on 3G,H+, and 4G LTE!!! I think you would love this phone but this is just my opinion!!!

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
You will love this phone compared to your 4s. But know what you would love even more? An expensive flagship. Yes they're expensive, but if you have the cash, you should do it. I'm saving up for my next phone, but not sure if I need to because the moto g is so good. At $179 there's nothing really to lose.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You are going to miss the camera, as you would expect with such a price difference.

If you like the notifications in the lock screen you'll need to download an app to have them. Plenty of them in the Play store, some of them free.

But don't worry, you're going to be surprised with this phone. Great performance and excellent battery life. And of course ... Android :)

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
You are going to miss the camera, as you would expect with such a price difference.

If you like the notifications in the lock screen you'll need to download an app to have them. Plenty of them in the Play store, some of them free.

But don't worry, you're going to be surprised with this phone. Great performance and excellent battery life. And of course ... Android :)

We are going to get notifications in the lock screen with the update to android l.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
no flagship phone at the moment i'm willing to spend my hard earned on, they just don't grab me by the ...........
would be interested in the droid turbo/moto maxx ( given camera fix with L ) but no release in the uk on the cards so far.
I've looked at reviews and comparisons and both phones seem to out do each other in different areas but just looking for real world opinions with regards to overall speed , camera , screen, battery etc etc .

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat but have an iPhone 4. I went to the AT&T store yesterday to play around with the G and did like it but was really drawn to the Moto X. It just felt good and I really like the size of that phone. I'm on the fence between those. If they had made the Nexus 6 the same size as the 5 I wouldn't even be having this conversation.

tbgjlb

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd love a nexus 6 just way to big and the turbo is just a small 6 but not out in UK. I think in the UK the old x is limited is storage and I'm not convinced by the new one.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
For the folks that recommended the switch to the G, what about the RAM management problem. I am assuming you are struggling with force closed apps am limited multitasking due to the current memory management bug, no?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey