is my battery defective?

Nick Lawrence

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums but looks like a great site. I've just purchased the nexus 10 and am wondering if I have a bad battery or if I'm just paranoid and looking too closely. I unplugged my tab at 630am and turn on GPS for about ten minutes and turn WiFi on. In about 20 minutes it I'd down to 95%. No live wallpaper, only had GPS on momentarily. I feel like it drains way to fast? Have major battery problems with my android phone and feel like it would be just my luck. Have a few apps installed like donors and some games. Disabled ntc, don't have Facebook either. Below is a screenshot of battery statistics

http://db.tt/5TWGdPla

How much percent should the screen take up? I feel like it's a bit high. I just bought this and hope it isn't defective. My battery has gone down 2? since I started writing this. Should I factory reset? Bought it new from amazon last week maybe I should try to return it?

Thanks for any information in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-23-06-56-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-23-06-56-26.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 14

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The battery indicator percent is just a guess. You can't take it that seriously. The only way to know your battery life, for real, is to use the tablet over several hours. And as I have posted many times, it takes at least several charge cycles before modern LiIon batteries achieve their full runtime life (and it can be a marked difference- perhaps as high as 25%)

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums but looks like a great site. I've just purchased the nexus 10 and am wondering if I have a bad battery or if I'm just paranoid and looking too closely. I unplugged my tab at 630am and turn on GPS for about ten minutes and turn WiFi on. In about 20 minutes it I'd down to 95%. No live wallpaper, only had GPS on momentarily. I feel like it drains way to fast? Have major battery problems with my android phone and feel like it would be just my luck. Have a few apps installed like donors and some games. Disabled ntc, don't have Facebook either. Below is a screenshot of battery statistics

http://db.tt/5TWGdPla

How much percent should the screen take up? I feel like it's a bit high. I just bought this and hope it isn't defective. My battery has gone down 2? since I started writing this. Should I factory reset? Bought it new from amazon last week maybe I should try to return it?

Thanks for any information in advance.

Well, to directly respond to answer the question you asked, YES, I think you are paranoid and looking too closely! ;) You are trying to make a rather important decision (send it back?) based on only a couple of data points.

As you say in your post, you just got the tablet. Give it some time to get the battery "broken in" (or whatever the right term is). Use it for at least one or two weeks. Run it through multiple charge cycles. Use it for a variety of purposes (different apps, music, read through news such as Current or Pulse). Watch some movies or videos. Play games. Leave it in sleep mode; also, power it down a few times. Keep notes of how your tablet is performing from charge to charge.

In the meantime, read through the numerous posts on this and other forums that have to do with Nexus 10 battery life, charge times, etc. Also, do some research into the apps that are out there that do not shut down properly and continue to consume electricity even when the tablet is in sleep mode; if you have such apps, either kill them when done or uninstall them. Compare the experiences of others to what you are observing over time and under a diverse set of conditions with your tablet. That way, you will end up with a much more accurate assessment of whether your battery is consistently performing significantly worse than everyone else's battery. If it is, THEN send it back.

Hope this helps

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
that sounds about right. I assume you has 30 min screen time with 5% down
so that would be approx 1 hour screen time for 10%

thats 10 hrs of screen time. you also has GPS on and they drain the battery a lot.