Is my battery usage unusual?

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. I just saw people mentioning that they have been on LTE and their battery percentage goes to 60. I have used my phone for 4 hours today, only WiFi , no 3G. NFC , gestures , etc, turned off and I'm down to 20 percent. Does that look unusual?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-23-49-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-23-49-09.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 59

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
That's crazy for me. My battery is crazy amazing. Some days I have to wait to charge until the next afternoon. I am in love with my abbtery on the S5.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
qu6ahyte.jpg

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am just getting used to my new S5, the T-Mobile variant. I am coming from a S2, so I am still learning. my battery life seems ok so far, but working nights limits my FB time, texts and such, so after a 10 hour shift, I am still over 50%. But that's because it sits in my lunch box or on my desk at the moment. Waiting till the weekend to get my case, so my usage is limited.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Here is mine:

GS 5 1.jpg
GS 5 2.jpg

Phone lasted 2 days 14 hours on a single charge (I don't do this often and I only fully drain it every 2 months).

I would also like to point out that I am currently out of the country and to avoid any roaming costs, I have put my phone in airplane mode and only use wi-fi when it's available. When I don't use WI-fi or there is no wi-fi in the area, I just turn it off. At night, when sleeping, it just stays in airplane mode. Even without using UPSM, I only lose 1% overnight, so I find it that I don't ever need to use UPSM.

I think getting 4 hours of screen on time is average and I can't really complain about that.

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Here is mine:

View attachment 125838
View attachment 125839

Phone lasted 2 days 14 hours on a single charge (I don't do this often and I only fully drain it every 2 months).

I would also like to point out that I am currently out of the country and to avoid any roaming costs, I have put my phone in airplane mode and only use wi-fi when it's available. When I don't use WI-fi or there is no wi-fi in the area, I just turn it off. At night, when sleeping, it just stays in airplane mode. Even without using UPSM, I only lose 1% overnight, so I find it that I don't ever need to use UPSM.

I think getting 4 hours of screen on time is average and I can't really complain about that.

I can't complain, too. But I was preparing myself for an interesting battery power, as the reviews said. But I got depressed when I tried it by my own. I have come from an iPhone and it had a great battery power with heavy use(playing Infinity blade) .

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I can't complain, too. But I was preparing myself for an interesting battery power, as the reviews said. But I got depressed when I tried it by my own. I have come from an iPhone and it had a great battery power with heavy use(playing Infinity blade) .

2-1/2 days working like that isn't too bad. I used to do the same, but I used Lama to help me manage it instead of constantly going through settings. My phone is just shy of 2 weeks, I've gotten it to last 3 days and a couple minutes. But of course I'm not a big social network user so if you're big on FB, Twitter, IG, etc, you'll likely not like doing this.
On average I get about a day and a half with "normal" more expected use.

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

I came from iPhone 5S and I am a heavy user. My iPhone would never make it as long as my S5 does. You have to tweak your settings. Taking OFF auto screen brightness was the best thing I did. I noticed my biggest change there. I manually adjust it but most days it stays around this:
a2yzy3u9.jpg

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I came from iPhone 5S and I am a heavy user. My iPhone would never make it as long as my S5 does. You have to tweak your settings. Taking OFF auto screen brightness was the best thing I did. I noticed my biggest change there. I manually adjust it but most days it stays around this: http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/02/a2yzy3u9.jpg

I have already tweaked my device, the usage is average, tho. My iPhone 5 lasted for about 6 hours playing Infinity blade.

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I average 1 day 17ish+ hours with around 15-13% battery left when I plug it in at night. Avg screen time is around 4 hours. I would be big time disappointed with that battery life :( I don't have auto screen checked.