Is my phone actually rooted??? Samsung Galaxy Core Prime model number SM s820L

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I did the whole no PC root King thing and root King says my phone is rooted, but to other root checkers that I installed and ran said that it was not. Though when Samsung goes to update says that my operating system has been modified in an unauthorised way and the phone status says custom instead of modified but I also read a couple articles that say that the non-pc way is just a gimmick and I can't get in to see if my bootloader is unlocked it doesn't look like I have any admin permissions the only thing that seems to have changed is it screwed up my OS so I can't get the original software firmware updates can someone help me out with this to either restore it to ome or further on ahead and finish reading it properly please thanks guys appreciate it

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Use an app like Total Commander. Go to /, then to System, then look for a file named su. (If you can't get into System, the phone's not rooted. If you can, it is. When you try, some superuser app should ask for permission to grant Total Commander root access.)