Is my screen broken or something else

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is my screen broken or something else
hi i had a tablet t515 which had a broken screen which I bought to repair. I stupidly without thinking took my screen out of my tab a t510 and when I went to put it on the t515 it doesn't work and screen is now blank on both devices. I am wondering does it seem like the screen is broken even know it doesn't look cracked or anything. Or is it something else wrong with it. It connects to my computer if I plug it into it

Cheers

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's always hard to comment on this kind of thing if you did the replacement yourself (assuming you're not an experienced repair technician), since there are probably many possible things that could have been done incorrectly. Look at this video to see if you did everything correctly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKcsHWELBLA

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Monkey614

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi i just took the screen and disconnected from flex cable that all I did on the my tablet i took the screen off

Also did exactly the same as in the video

But its now completely blank on both devices. Could I have then damaged the screen and broken it. Even know it doesn't look broken

Really panicking I completely broken the tablet happy to replace screen

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you say the screen is blank on both devices, do you mean that you tried to put the T510's scren back in the T510, and now it doesn't work? If that's the case, then I'd guess the screen or connector got damaged in the process. Not much else I can suggest besides bringing the devices to a qualified repair shop, sorry!

Monkey614

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Yes after I took it off and tried to put it on t515 it didn't work and now it doesn't work at all after I took it off t510. So do you think it will be either the flex cable or lcd screen then nothing badly wrong

Did also try on t510 and it didn't work anymore

but would it still be Damaged if it doesn't look damaged or anything

Monkey614

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Oh so what you mean by shorted out

It connected to pc when it connected via USB so surely the motherboard is OK

do you mean the screen could of shorted out

so if i replace lcd flex and screen it should work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you weren't properly grounded and there was a static electricity discharge while handling the parts, that discharge could've damaged the circuitry. I'm not an electrician, so I don't know the exact details, but static electricity is always a potential issue when doing your own repairs (which is why it's always advised to make sure you're properly grounded when handling the parts).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you connect to the PC via USB, are you able to see the files on the phone using Windows Explorer? Even a mostly dead phone can register something via USB connection.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you do anything to protect against static electricity? An electrostatic discharge too weak to feel or create a spark can still kill electronics and circuit boards via damage near impossible to see without a microscope.

Monkey614

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi nope I was rushing but the t515 which I put screen on before putting back had a notification ping sound so think its the screen

But surely if it was short the screen would work on other tablet

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed in light reflection their is cracks on screen

Well, the cracks might explain things. If it was a short, as long as it didn't damage the display circuit it should be fine with a new screen.

Oh ok so just replacing the screen should work then