Is OG pro getting any G2 upgrades?

BBJoe2011

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone has heard if the G pro is getting any of the G2 software upgrades, like camera, text link and the such. I have my ear to the ground on this type of thing but some of you know a lot more. Thanks in advance...

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The G Pro is still pretty much brand new. It would be disgraceful if we didn't get at least some of the upgrades.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

mike37918

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
And yet given that at least for now the G Pro is ATT only, I fear it's going to be an orphan, support wise. LG will probably concentrate most of it efforts on promoting the G2.

But eh. I like my G pro as it is.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
And yet given that at least for now the G Pro is ATT only, I fear it's going to be an orphan, support wise. LG will probably concentrate most of it efforts on promoting the G2.

But eh. I like my G pro as it is.

Well it's been spotted in Verizon's list of upcoming models, it's possibly going to other carriers too. Hopefully we'll start to see a lot more support for it, ranging from accessories to software updates. I'd love to see it jump past 4.2 and go straight to 4.3. This is a great phone and I hope to see it treated as a great phone in the coming months.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how good the deal on this phone is at at&t right now! amazing specs, at least current with the times, and amazing 32gb of storage, plus you can add more! The only thing that is stopping me from pulling the trigger on this phone, is that LG, from what I have been told, has a horrible track record on updates. So I doubt you will see this thing get any more updates. For me though its has google now, so thats all I need. Hopefully I was given bad info on the updates.

ReggieSmith

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Let LG get the G2 launched and then I suspect they will swing back to the OG Pro. There is absolutely no reason NOT to upgrade it to 4.3 as well as eventually toss in some of the software for the G2.

Honestly though, I really don't feel the need to flash different ROMs, etc. And a lot of the "extra" stuff I wouldn't use anyway. This phone is very good as is so I'm not upset in the least.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor