Is Recovery Possible

iamdave_33

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm trying to recover photos from a reset phone. Here's the gist... I have a company issued Galaxy S10e that I generally never used for anything except a hotspot. My "main" phone died (screen broke) while on vacatio and I had to use my company issued phone to take some photos. About 2 weeks after returning from vacation I resigned and started a new job. Before I could back-up of remove the photos my company erased and reset the phone remotely.

All pics and data was erased. I was able to recover the few photos that I had deleted earlier from the trash bin. But the others were gone. The company profile was loaded and I couldn't access Google Play Store to download any software to help with recovery. I tried to download some software on my PC to help (Dr Fone, etc...) but that required entering debugging mode, which was disabled by the company policy.

So I tried to factory reset the phone. The company managed software was still there and now I can't fully start up the phone without logging into my company portal... which is impossible because my login/ profile has been disabled.

Is there any work-around at this point? Is there any way to restart the phone with company control removed? I'm assuming the pictures are long gone at this point....

Thanks for any suggestions!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For enterprise-managed phones, you have to talk to the appropriate IT department. If the phone was factory reset, all of the data would've been lost anyway. The exception would be if any photos were saved to the SD card (if present) -- did you check there?

Also check your Google Photos in the cloud to see if any of the photos were automatically backed up there.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Unfortunately, once the phone has been reset by your company and the data wiped, it is highly unlikely that you can recover the photos without their support. As the company has remote control and security policies in place, you won't be able to bypass them. It's best to contact your former employer and explain the situation, hoping they might help with the recovery process. Otherwise, the photos are likely gone for good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter