Is Samsung allowing us to do the accessory credit if bought from the carrier?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
They normally do this every year, but this year I see no mention of it. And I was like crud and already ordered mine from AT&T. Then suddenly Samsung.com shows $800 for AT&T deal and the credit. They didn't have that at preorder early. Not sure why the sudden change. Does anyone know if we will be able to get that credit when we get the phone and register it?

I am tempted to cancel my AT&T order and do it again through Samsung. It still shows a Feb 25 date for the 512gb Ultra.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I believe that once you receive your phone, you register the imei in the Samsung Member's app and you will receive the credit. At least, that's the way it worked last year according to people on Reddit.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I believe that once you receive your phone, you register the imei in the Samsung Member's app and you will receive the credit. At least, that's the way it worked last year according to people on Reddit.

Yeah all the years in the past. But it seems its not available this year at least per Samsung Chat I just had with them. Its only from Samsung.com they said. Ugh. I may cancel my AT&T order and switch it.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Yep two reps confirmed the credit is not available for other retailers. Only Samsung.com. I canceled my direct AT&T order and ordered direct from Samsung and got the $250 credit and $800 credit from AT&T. Now just wait for the evoucher to come and hope they have accessories in stock by then.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Wow, no credit for carrier orders? This is the first year I ordered directly from Samsung. Crazy that they wouldn't do it for carriers though. Now I'm glad I got off T-Mobile JOD. I'll be going through Samsung every year from now on I guess.

desnabc44

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad to see they've added in the AT&T trade offer on their site. I wanted the $250 accessory credit but didn't want to miss out on being able to get the credits for trading my old Note 4 so I spent some time shopping around. Sometimes my procrastination pays off 😅

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why can't things be easy. Now that Samsung has added the AT&T carrier plan where I can get $800 for an S7, I have cancelled my AT&T order and ordered the same thing on Samsung. I get another set of earbuds and a 45w fast charger for my hassle. Plus $125 from Rakuten.

Last edited:

marcshan

Feb 16, 2022
Visit site
They normally do this every year, but this year I see no mention of it. And I was like crud and already ordered mine from AT&T. Then suddenly Samsung.com shows $800 for AT&T deal and the credit. They didn't have that at preorder early. Not sure why the sudden change. Does anyone know if we will be able to get that credit when we get the phone and register it?

I am tempted to cancel my AT&T order and do it again through Samsung. It still shows a Feb 25 date for the 512gb Ultra.

I talked to Samsung rep and they said no and then I read the fine print and it says orders only through samsung.com or shop app

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I didn't know they did before , thought it was exclusively on Samsung. Com or shop app

Yeah, it was great before. You could buy from any retailer. Best Buy, AT&T, so on. And after you got the phone register it in the Samsung members app or shop app (forget which one off hand) with the imei and you received the credits to spend on Samsung.com a few weeks later. Now they aren’t allowing it any more and it’s just instant at Samsung.com.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, it was great before. You could buy from any retailer. Best Buy, AT&T, so on. And after you got the phone register it in the Samsung members app or shop app (forget which one off hand) with the imei and you received the credits to spend on Samsung.com a few weeks later. Now they aren’t allowing it any more and it’s just instant at Samsung.com.
Hmm strange they would change that now :(