Is Samsung being serious about Neon?

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
So a few days ago I was casually minding my business browsing my Twitter feed when I saw that Ice Universe was "confirming" some weird thing known as "Neon" that Samsung was bragging about. After investigating a little, I initially concluded that it is likely a joke a forgot about it until yesterday. Last night, I saw an article about the latest Tweets from the Neon profile (https://www.gsmarena.com/neon_artificial_human_ces_2020-news-40753.php) and realized the full extent of this thing. Turns out Samsung will be showing off an artificial human at CES 2020.

Now many of you will probably just cheer this as being the next "amazing", "cool" or "revolutionary" development in artificial intelligence. I on the other hand see artificial humans as a threat. If Samsung actually gets to the point of mass producing these things, we can kiss goodbye to daily life as we know it. We won't know on the fly the difference between an artificial and real human (unless they really messed up the outer design), we will form relationships with a pile of silicon instead of with real humans, and these things will watch our every move much more than the rest of our tech does. I don't want a world with artificial, feelingless machines replacing real humans, etc... I honestly miss the days of my early childhood when computer technology was so harmless, promising and open. I was hoping an AI dystopia would be far beyond the reach of my lifetime and that the worst I would see are locked smartphone bootloaders and such stuff, but I guess I will get to see even the worst of it because I have many years left (I'll be 20 in a few months). If these AI robots become mainstream, I don't know what I will do with my life. Even if the rest of the world accepts mass artificial intelligence, I will put up resistance any way I know how. I do not consent to the mainstream implementation of AI robots, PERIOD.

I personally hope Samsung epicly fails at this project so I can laugh at them and that nobody attempts to do something similar.

Reactions: alexsaunders790

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I agree with the statement above ^^^. Remember the Y2K scare? Even if Samsung does roll out some new "human" looking AI in the Spring it will be so full of bugs, and nowhere close to fully functional. It will take a few years to perfect any new tech like this.....if ever. As long as humans are doing the coding, there are bound to be software bugs. That's just the way it is. Now.....when these AI "beings" learn how to re-write their own code and fix their own software bugs, then we should be very scared.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, but eventually it will get perfected (within 10-15 years at most). And many of us couldn't imagine having our smart gadgets track us 10 years ago yet here we are. Same thing will happen with AI bots.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Well... So, as you'll turn just 20, I only can urge you to start accumulating money so you can buy a farm in some 10-15 years, taking for granted this farm is far from any urban center and without any kind of access to internet. Because, sorry, but these things came to stay.

I know very well what you're saying. I'm in my 37 asking myself what I'll do in this world now it's full off nationalisms and hatefuls of all kind. I, too, ask myself what will I do now I'm almost obligated to make digital IDs, and how will I live now the world - my country included - decided vaping is more dangerous than smoke, and are trying to avoiding me buying new stuff with MY money, to use these stuff inside of MY home. Everybody seems to know what I want, what I need, what I have to do with myself, and nobody is trying to just stop saying me these things. So, I ask myself, what will I do?

That's it, life isn't easy, but in my case at least, nobody never said it is...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non