Is the 4.0.4 ota out yet

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
over at galaxynexusforum .com an alleged person claims his wife works for verizon and was given a gnex as a company phone and it was installed with the .4 update, and when she asked if an official roll out was to happen was told may 30th.

I'd say take with a grain of salt, but after all the rumors of the updates, you might just want to invest in a salt-lick.

May 30

Somewhere, Verizon is watching us all and laughing as we buy into every "release date" for this update.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
it will happen on Tues since I'm gonna bite the bullet and unlock and root today, maybe monday. Should have done it months ago.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
over at galaxynexusforum .com an alleged person claims his wife works for verizon and was given a gnex as a company phone and it was installed with the .4 update, and when she asked if an official roll out was to happen was told may 30th.

I'd say take with a grain of salt, but after all the rumors of the updates, you might just want to invest in a salt-lick.

May 30

VZW phone reps and store reps know jack about what will be released in the future. They are not credible sources in my opinion.

RobUM2011

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
According to one website, VZW apparently started rolling out the update on May 24th.. :p

Verizon Galaxy Nexus Gets Android 4.0.4 Update?-?Eastern Morning Herald

Users of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon’s network can now upgrade to Android 4.0.4, the latest revision of Google’s smartphone operating system.

While the update was expected earlier this week, its rollout got delayed, prompting Google itself to release a file to upgrade stock Android 4.0.2 Galaxy Nexus handsets to 4.0.4. Verizon eventually started rolling out its over-the-air update – with Build Number IMM76K – on May 24.

Android 4.0.4 comes with a few interface tweaks, bug fixes and new radios.

The Galaxy Nexus launched exclusively in the U.S. on Verizon in December 2011, while Sprint users followed suit earlier this year. The mobile was the first in the world to ship with Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed.

Given the success of the Galaxy Nexus, it’s widely believed that Samsung and Google will continue their partnership and launch the next-generation Android platform on hardware designed and manufactured by the South Korean electronics giant.

Rumors suggest that Android 5.0 – the operating system’s next major revision – would be named JellyBean. While Google has not yet confirmed this, they hinted at the name when they served jelly beans from an Android-shaped candy dish at a media event earlier this year.

JellyBean is expected to have integrated Google Chrome, built-in File Manager, more efficient power usage, keyboard upgrades and more timely updates. Google is also rumored to be planning a lighter version of JellyBean to address the performance problems in midrange and low-end smartphones.

Android 5.0 is scheduled to be unveiled on June 27, at Google’s I/O event in San Francisco.

Do they know something we don't??

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
it will happen on Tues since I'm gonna bite the bullet and unlock and root today, maybe monday. Should have done it months ago.

I rooted and loaded the leaked update last night. I figured it was time. It may be the only way to get Jellybean before the end of the year.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Now I will see if my problems go away. Don't know why his phone worked flawless for months then in the last 3 weeks it was acting up. But no more waiting for otas here.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
another +1 on the rooted/rom road the other day for me.

i was getting reboots multiple times a day. so far, using the xenon hd rom, i havent experienced any issues. loving it.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I also decided to go the unlock, root and rom route yesterday,(first time I have ever rooted). I flashed Redemption Rom,the VZW 4.04 radios and could not be happier. Easier than I though, I recommend everyonehappy,can't wait for Verizon. So happy,

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
any source to that? Or is it your own speculation?

EDIT: nvm . i scrolled up. missed it before.

Last edited: