Is the Incredible still worth getting?

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
i lOVE my droid incredible.

only cons are:

1. BATTERY LIFE. i hated it, just felt restricted. went to the 2150 battery and love it now, i can use it all day w/o charging
2. cannot use bluetooth + gps + charging + talking on headset. according to HTC, i am using too many of the radios. according to verizon, it is becauseyou cannot do data and voice at the same time... (doesn't make sense to me, either!)

LOVES:

1. WIDGETS: i love widgets. check out colormeandroid.com. it's amazing what this guy can do and how cool he can make his phone look. (course this is an android thing, not an incredible thing)

2. size: it fits great in the pocket, not too big, not too small. there's a reason why Apple has stuck to this size for 4 phones.

3. speed: it's a fast phone. i can't compare it to others, but i know my Incredible is fast.

4. optical trackball. at first, i thought i'd never use it. i use it ALL the time when typing! not for scrolling a page. optical trackball is way more accurate than my finger trying to find the space between a typo.

5. other things already mentioned.

hope this helps.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I am still wondering if I should jump on this phone for $99. I can deal with the battery life. I'm used to it - I would charge at work and carry a spare so no biggie (but a shame - seems like the only negative).

My question is this - Is there ANY possible way that there are OLED DIncs. out there still? I know that SLCD is supposed to be "just as good" and "you can't tell the difference" but I can tell the difference when I see someone holding one on the train. If I thought I could get an OLED DInc. for $99 I'd just go pick one up tomorrow (maybe).

aubadge

Nov 12, 2010
neuronradio.net
So glad...

...I switched to the Incredible from my BB Curve; absolutely love it. My BB just sat around until I needed to make a call, (the only app worth my time was Navigator, and it's a one-trick pony after all) and (for my money) costs way too much to operate. On the other hand, I can hardly keep my hands off my Incredible; so many things to learn and do with this phone. My cell bill is now also $30 cheaper per month. Once I replace the stock battery (the only weak point, IMO), I'll have my perfect phone. :cool:

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I am still wondering if I should jump on this phone for $99. I can deal with the battery life. I'm used to it - I would charge at work and carry a spare so no biggie (but a shame - seems like the only negative).

My question is this - Is there ANY possible way that there are OLED DIncs. out there still? I know that SLCD is supposed to be "just as good" and "you can't tell the difference" but I can tell the difference when I see someone holding one on the train. If I thought I could get an OLED DInc. for $99 I'd just go pick one up tomorrow (maybe).

If you can wait until Black Friday you can pick the INC up at Best Buy for a buck. That is a steal regardless of what the negatives are. Battery life is an issue for power users but honestly it will get you through the day otherwise. I know what you mean about the screens side by side there is a distinct difference, your best bet for an OLED is at VZW; all the other outlets seem to be carrying the SLCD. Good luck.

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Like most others have said - the Droid Incredible is truly incredible. It's the best phone I've ever had, and its even better now that I run a custom rom that allows for Wifi tethering. The battery is my only complaint but its definitely not a deal breaker. Your right in that this phone is getting a bit 'old' but its still a great device and I'm sure that it'll still be supported by the dev community even after HTC moves on.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Been waiting for an Inc. + a keyboard which is why the Merge sounds so nice. Just got offer to buy an Inc. for $100. Is a kb worth $100? Struggling to decide.

If that's an offer from Craigslist or some random stranger, there's no way that's legit. #JustSayin

hi, I'm actually on the phone right now and its an awful experience typing this message. I'm actually pretty fast at typing but a real keyboard would be great. ROM emulators usually suck because they aren't multitouch. Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.

feels like that with a keyboard on one of these things, who needs a laptop?

Then get the multi-touch keyboard ported over. You have that at your disposal, plus Swype, plus speech-to-text, and still complain about the keyboard?? Puh-leez..

STILL the best phone out there. Great memory, 8 mp camera, runs the latest OS, fastest processor. If you don't need a physical keyboard, it's still the best option, IMHO.

+1. Love, LOVE my Inc- I'll have a hard time parting with it when 4G phones come...
:(

I'd still have to say that a real kb on this thing would make it rock'n. Don't get me wrong, the virtual keyboard on the inc. is awesome, its just that your options with the physical kb are much more vast, Like playing quake 3, and having actual buttons to play games with. Also, HTC should put a real camera button on the next model of this beast, its hard to get a good picture with the current optical sensor button.

Are you kidding?? The Inc has the best camera I've ever seen on a phone, bar none. Just remember to focus before you shoot..

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, had to :p

HIGHLY unlikely that VZW or anyone else has any AMOLEDs left.. I think your only bet in this case would be to buy a used one online, etc..

michael95gt#AC

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got my DInc this past Sunday,after having a DX(Sweet phone, just TOO big for my tastes) for a week. I'm really loving it so far, it's just about the perfect size, though I hope battery life gets better.:(