Is the S2 T713 mhl compatible?

RattyMcClelland

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought this tablet specifically to replace my head unit in my car and use the mhl output to convert the hdmi signal to spdif then onto my dsp in the boot. Full lossless music on a 200gb sd card. The mhl would also charge at the same time for a permanent install.

I have bought 2 active mhl cables off ebay and both won't work when I test on the TV. They won't work either with my HTC m8 which I know is mhl compatible.
The cable end isn't quite micro usd, it fits the tab s2 but not the m8 despite both devices using the same charger connector.

Specifically what cable do I need if this device is mhl compatible? There are many.

Any help is appreciated? If this fails I'll have to use the aptx bluetooth the the tablet has along with my helix dsp in my car.

RattyMcClelland

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Im getting mixed reply so if it's compatible. Samsung UK says it's not. Samsung.come says it is.

I have just bought a genuine Samsung mhl 2 adapter. £30.. let's hope that works when it arrives.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. You're asking about the SM-T713, while the link I posted above is the SM-T710. I'm assuming that these two variants of the Tab S2 would have the same MHL compatibility, but I suppose they might not. I hope it works for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocBones69