Is the Shift EoL?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got this phone for my wife. I knew it was older when I got it for her, but she really wanted a physical keyboard. But, if it is EoL (end of life), we may look into other options. She doesn't want an out of date phone that won't get any more updates ever. Any other options for phones that aren't EoL yet with a physical keyboard on Sprint?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The Shift hasn't hit the one year mark quite yet and no, it's not eol. Both the epic and the EVO are the most recent to hit eol status.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fofjjsr

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
That is what worries me. I don't want her to have a phone that will never receive another update.

If you're going to be locked in for 2 years, then you may consider a new phone. The shift should continue to get updates for at least the next 6 months but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to be locked in for 2 years, then you may consider a new phone. The shift should continue to get updates for at least the next 6 months but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

Hopefully, within the next 6 months or so, I'll be upgrading my Shift to an LTE device. It just depends on what Sprint will be offering. I actually have until the end of the year to take advantage of the "old" upgrade policy, so I'll try to be patient. I actually like my Shift, especially since I installed GO Launcher EX. In a perfect Android world, my new choice will be another slider and have a little larger screen, dual core, and at least 1GB memory. Dual cameras would be a real plus, too. :p

Reactions: fofjjsr

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone for my wife. I knew it was older when I got it for her, but she really wanted a physical keyboard. But, if it is EoL (end of life), we may look into other options. She doesn't want an out of date phone that won't get any more updates ever. Any other options for phones that aren't EoL yet with a physical keyboard on Sprint?

You'll probably be better off getting your wife a different phone. While its not officially EOL from a practical standpoint it is.

Sent from my EVO Shift

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23