Is there a faster way to switch between apps on the note 4? Multitasking

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there a faster way to switch between apps on the note 4? On the note 3 you just held down the home button and you would get a selection. Now you have to press the button to the left and it lags quite a bit. I'm new to android and i'm wondering if there is a way to change the "card stack" that's represented by apps for multitasking.

thanks,

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Rumor has it switching to ART fixes it. That is in the developer menu, but I would check into it first, because it can affect apps in a bad way. Also, you need to enable the developer menu, tap on the build number 7 times in the settings menu - about phone. Beware though, there are demons in that menu, and you can make life hard for yourself messing around with stuff you don't know about. There is a reason it's hidden in other words.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the quick tip. I'm a techie so I can deal with it. I read earlier that there is a way to disable animations, so I'm going to try that. It's good to know I didn't have to anything fancy to get into developer mode.

thanks again!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Disabling animations all together is ill advised as well. It actually makes the phone seem laggy. I turn mine to .5 and heavily prefer that. It won't help with the Laggy recents though.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I use SwitchR. I set it to Flow and use a right side trigger point. Works much better than the two step recent button method.

rosenbluu

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Disabling animations all together is ill advised as well. It actually makes the phone seem laggy. I turn mine to .5 and heavily prefer that. It won't help with the Laggy recents though.

I actually prefer mine higher then what the stock is, I have mine at 2. Makes the phone feel like there's no lag, imitates how the iPhone animations are

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to ART to try. Can confirm app switching is normal. Just so you know, it took about 30 minutes, and the phone almost burst into flames it was so hot.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I strongly agree with you

Not every single app was designed specially for 4.4 ART MODE

It died several times when I started some APP, then I turned it back to normal Mode......

anon(393150)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer mine higher then what the stock is, I have mine at 2. Makes the phone feel like there's no lag, imitates how the iPhone animations are

Thanks for this tip, I admittedly would always set it to .5 as well. After reading your post I set it to 2 and the animations see much smoother now.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a faster way to switch between apps on the note 4? On the note 3 you just held down the home button and you would get a selection. Now you have to press the button to the left and it lags quite a bit. I'm new to android and i'm wondering if there is a way to change the "card stack" that's represented by apps for multitasking.

thanks,

Why not use the stock multitasking app? You quickly switch between apps. Look at the bottom right picture of my screen. My last app is there and all I have to do is touch it. Doesn't get any faster than that.

uploadfromtaptalk1416465937915.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What 2 step recent button method? There is a dedicated app swtiching button on the Note 4.

Two step as in you have to tap that recents button once, wait for the scrollable list to pop up, scroll and select the application you want.

With switchr a simple swipe inwards from the upper right edge of my screen with my right thumb starts me scrolling through icons of recent applications and as soon as the one I want is highlighted I let go of my thumb and the application opens. One stroke, done.

The application is free and doesn't need root.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Not always. I run 0 animations just fine.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I use pie control. It can access recent apps without lag.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I have mine set to zero and i experience no lag

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC