Is there a Gingerbread kernel available that has functioning USB?

f2racer

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying out some ROMs on my Phoenix (P505) and have found that JB (some specific for the P505 and others for the P500 with Arjen's ICS kernel) ROMs drain the battery too fast. I followed korrectmethod's HOW TO install for CM7.2, but none-functioning (neither USB mass storage nor adb work) is a deal-breaker for me. The link in Arjen's Gingerbread thread seems to be dead. Does anybody have a GB kernel (with working wifi) that can be flashed ontop of P500 GB ROMs that will keep the USB working? If none is available, is there a way for me to flash the stock GB ROM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
There are no other GB kernels for p505 and p506. There are several kernels to choose from regarding to ICS and JB however. I'd suggest upgrading to ICS or JB with a newer kernel. There is more work now than ever being done for our phones on XDA. ICS is pretty much done and stable, and JB is nearly there. I'm using the March 20th build of 4.2.2 by rashed with the latest beta4 kernel by DJNOXD. IMO battery is great, considering the most you can ask from any stock smartphone battery is about 1 1/2 days.. RIght now I'm sitting at 55% after 1d 1h with moderate usage with mostly just wifi on. If you want links to stable ICS roms and kernels and JB stuff, let me know.
2013.03.23-22.09.56.jpeg

Last edited:

korrectmethod

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

phammerjr

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying out some ROMs on my Phoenix (P505) and have found that JB (some specific for the P505 and others for the P500 with Arjen's ICS kernel) ROMs drain the battery too fast. I followed korrectmethod's HOW TO install for CM7.2, but none-functioning (neither USB mass storage nor adb work) is a deal-breaker for me. The link in Arjen's Gingerbread thread seems to be dead. Does anybody have a GB kernel (with working wifi) that can be flashed ontop of P500 GB ROMs that will keep the USB working? If none is available, is there a way for me to flash the stock GB ROM? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is what I have been using on my phone for a while. It is basically the stock cm7 kernel but compiled with the correct screen driver for our phones. On my phone everything works perfect except if I turn the screen off and don't wait at least 3 seconds before turning it back on it will just show a black screen, you can turn it back off wait 3 seconds and back on and it will come on. Kind of annoying but I have gotten use to it. Everything else works (ie overclocking, usb (both storage and adb) and wifi.)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzZUSM275NX4cDZkNW90MWphZ00&usp=sharing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter