is there a list of default included Android apps?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I'm trying to prepare for my switch to Android and was wondering if anywhere there's a list of applications that come already pre-installed (getting a Thunderbolt if that matters) so I can start looking for those I need that aren't included and making a list.

Thanks,
deb

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'd love a list too!

So far I've heard:

Youtube, Amazon MP3, and all the Google apps (Voice, Talk, Mail, Search). Is Google Latitude installed? Navigation?

Is this correct? I'm also preparing for the switch by adding apps to a list on appbrain.

Thanks!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh I'd love a list too!

So far I've heard:

Youtube, Amazon MP3, and all the Google apps (Voice, Talk, Mail, Search). Is Google Latitude installed? Navigation?

Is this correct? I'm also preparing for the switch by adding apps to a list on appbrain.

Thanks!

Navigation and Latitude are a part of maps, I believe.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
just watch the Wirefly video... plenty of apps in there that come with it

Skype, Rock Band, Youtube, Google Apps (Gmail, Google Voice, Maps, Latitude, etc.), Wifi Hotspot, etc.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I know there is rock band. And btw it does matter that you are getting the bolt

Oh yeah, trust me thats really the only thing that matters is that I am getting the Bolt. I dont care what game comes with it. Hell my BB only came with brick breaker. Anything has to be better than that! lol

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Uhhh, maybe I should rephrase my original request ... not that I have anything against music and games, but in my case that's not what I'm after because I really don't listen to music and I'm not a big game player. I need things like calendar, tasks, reminders, sync to Outlook, contacts, office and work type apps, weather. An app that holds medical information in case there's an emergency and I can't give the information verbally. My phone is not my entertainment center, it needs to be my right hand to keep me organized and help me work is what I'm trying to say.

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Uhhh, maybe I should rephrase my original request ... not that I have anything against music and games, but in my case that's not what I'm after because I really don't listen to music and I'm not a big game player. I need things like calendar, tasks, reminders, sync to Outlook, contacts, office and work type apps, weather. An app that holds medical information in case there's an emergency and I can't give the information verbally. My phone is not my entertainment center, it needs to be my right hand to keep me organized and help me work is what I'm trying to say.

All of those apps are included in the OS or are available in the Market (that has over 150,000 apps now!). You'll have access to everything you need :D

As for Outlook, Android syncs with it. But I also use this app that is made by Google themselves to sync my Outlook calendar with my phone:

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom