Is there a native "phone locator app" on the Galaxy 9? - I was using Samsung Find My Mobile on my S5

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there a native "phone locator app" on the Galaxy 9? - I was using Samsung Find My Mobile on my S5

Hello, everyone.

I bought the Galaxy S9 a few weeks back and want to install a phone locator app. My last phone was the Galaxy S5 and I was using Samsung's "Find My Mobile" app.

I can't seem to locate the Samsung "Find My Mobile" app in the Play Store.

- Is there a native "find your phone" app built in to the Galaxy S9?

- If no, do you have a recommendation for an easy to use app?

- Last, is it required that "location" always be "on" for the "find my phone apps" to work?

thanks for any feedback,

Jason.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there a native "phone locator app" on the Galaxy 9? - I was using Samsung Find My Mobile on m

Find my mobile is built into the settings since the Galaxy S6 onwards. It's not a separate app anymore.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there a native "phone locator app" on the Galaxy 9? - I was using Samsung Find My Mobile on m

Find my mobile is built into the settings since the Galaxy S6 onwards. It's not a separate app anymore.

Great, thank you... I see "Find My Device" on the phone... that is the app to use, correct?

Do I then just add my new phone to "Find My Mobile" on, say, my laptop of desktop computer?

Also, do you know if I always have to have the location gps switch to "ON" in order for the app to locate my phone?

Sorry for the basic questions... I will also do some more research on my own to educate myself.

thanks again for the help!

Jason.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

You just need to enable it on the phone and have a Samsung account active. It will be automatically added. You can then log on to the Find My Mobile website using your Samsung account and it will be working.

GPS is best left on. It almost doesn't consume any battery anyway.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

Awesome....thank you!

Dumb question..... but I always felt like it is a security risk to keep location turned "on" ?.... like my phone always knows where I am, but maybe it's not a big deal.

really appreciate the help... I will see if I can finish setting it up.

Jason.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

You actually should also have Android Device Manager that will perform the same function.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Yeah. That's actually found at the same place. It's right below Samsung's option IIRC. Personally I always have both on.

It's also good to have Samsung's thing if you're using Samsung because sometimes changes in how ADM works doesn't get to Samsungs as fast.
You actually should also have Android Device Manager that will perform the same function.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Location being on doesn't mean you're actively being tracked (unless you have a malicious app that does that). It just means the GPS ie available for apps that are allowed to access it when they need to.

You just need to turn off those features for the apps you don't want accessing your location.

However what will you do if location was left off and you misplaced the phone? That's actually a common problem for some.

Personally I also always leave my location timeline on (it's a setting in Google Maps that records wherever you are. It's active by default to you might prefer to turn it off). It doesn't matter to me if Google or Samsung knows where I am because people are always looking for me anyway and I have no reason to hide my location from anyone. Plus it provides an alibi of your location for certain circumstances or needs that you might need one.
Awesome....thank you!

Dumb question..... but I always felt like it is a security risk to keep location turned "on" ?.... like my phone always knows where I am, but maybe it's not a big deal.

really appreciate the help... I will see if I can finish setting it up.

Jason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech