Is there an Android app that gives notifications when someone sends a mms message but fails to download?

A

AC Question

Android app that gives notification when someone sends a mms message but fails to download

I have used google hangout, messenger, and more apps, but all have the same issue with notifications. I constantly have my mobile data off to save my data. With normal texts this isn't an issue. I still download them and get a notification when they are received. With mms messages, it will fail to download if data is off. Thats ok, but the app doesn't notify me that the text exists and is waiting to download. I can look at my texting app and see I missed a message that was days old because the app failed to notify me that the message exists. Is there a messaging app that will give me notifications even if the message fails to download.

xpandora808

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android app that gives notification when someone sends a mms message but fails to download

How much do you have in your data plan? The root cause here is related to how text messages are typically delivered; kind of a legacy pipeline compared to modern data through cellular, but the text messages use (generally) the same system as voice, rather than data. So even with data off, yep... you'll still get the text message but depending on how the implementation deals with the mms payloads it's going to be loading that over data - it doesn't have to as it could just as well be delivered as base 64 encoded mime multipart, but whatever. Carriers do weird things.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz