Is there an app which for advanced dialling?

mchassy

Jun 12, 2019
Visit site
My mobile provider (three.co.uk) works with a third party for international calls. In principal, it seems like a great idea. You dial a special number, then you dial in the number you and hit the hash key. The international call goes on your regular minutes. Great.
But I don't want to have to look up and manually enter the second phone number every time. Maybe, I will be able to copy/paste it, but even so ... seems like a real pain to have to do every time.
Is there some app which has advance dialling functionalities, so that I could tell it dial number one, then let me choose a contact, run that number, then press hash, etc ..
Seem like it couldn't be that complicated and there are lots of international services like this.
Any ideas?

mchassy

Jun 12, 2019
Visit site
Smart Dialler

I am looking for a dialler which can handle dialling multiple numbers, using codes and using hashes without having to modify the number in my contacts.

For example:
I am in the UK, and I have special service to call international using my local minutes.
In order to do that, I need to
  1. call a special number : 07755 545454
  2. once the call goes through put in the number I want to call : +1 234 567 8999
  3. it may also have to translate the `+` into the appropriate international code like `00` or `01`
  4. hit the `#` key
I don't want to go and change every international contact I have (and there are a lot), because then what do I do when I am actually in the country?

I'd like app where I could set up the above. Once setup, I could
  • choose that functionality
  • choose the contact
  • the app would execute the necessary dial in.

Is there an app which can do this? It couldn't be that hard to build.
If anyone is interested, I could describe other use cases as well.

Mark

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Enter the number as 07755 545454;+1 234 567 8999 (+1 is North America, nothing has to be changed. The + just says that the following numbers are the country code.)

Set that up as a second number for the contact - when you call the contact, if neither is set as the primary number, you'll be given the choice of numbers to call.

; is Wait until OK (a popup pops up asking you if it;s okay to continue. If a 2 second or 4 second wait will always do, use 1 or 3 commas instead (2 seconds for each).

(And there's no reason to post twice. You can edit your original post - just hit the pencil at the upper right of the post (if you're using a web browser).

mchassy

Jun 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi Rukbat,

Sorry about the double posting, I thought I was posting on a different forum for the second one.
Yes, I already know about just creating a new number for each contact. But I have lots of contacts.
In the end, I exported my contacts and edited them to add the new number, imported them and then merged.

Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offline050