Is there any visual indicator when charging?

johnnylighton

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
When I plug my N7 in, no LED turns on or anything. I have to push the power button and look at the screen to figure out if it's charging and when it's done. Is this right? Thanks!

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
When I plug my N7 in, no LED turns on or anything. I have to push the power button and look at the screen to figure out if it's charging and when it's done. Is this right? Thanks!

If this is the latest Nexus 7 it should have one. Just go to settings and the LED setting should be one of the selections. Then check the boxes for the LED settings based on your preferences.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is correct. There is an LED, but it doesn't turn on during charging. It works for notifications. Perhaps there is some software that can control the LED to give feedback on charging status. On the stock rom, you'll only get the charging indicator on the screen.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow (Free) or the paid version, does a great job of making use of the included led. There is even a setting to use the led when charging.

The app can be a little complicated because it allows you to tailor led by application, but once you figure out the capabilities for one app, it is cookie cutter for the rest of your apps you want the led to notify you for.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the nexus 7 apparently only has a white led, so you can't customize colors like I can on my Galaxy Nexus.

Posted via Android Central App