Is there no more "wipe cache" in Recovery mode and no way to clear cache in "Settings>Storage"

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is there no more "wipe cache" in Recovery mode and no way to clear cache in "Settings>Storage"

Mostly I have found no problems in 9.0 Pie except there is no longer a way of wiping / clearing cache. No cache tab in "Settings>Storage" and there is no "Wipe Cache" in Recovery mode. This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache. I do not understand what Google's purpose was doing away with any means of wiping / clearing cache without having to go to each app one at a time. What use to take a minute or 2 is now a PITA.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there no more "wipe cache" in Recovery mode and no way to clear cache in "Settings>Storage"

Mostly I have found no problems in 9.0 Pie except there is no longer a way of wiping / clearing cache. No cache tab in "Settings>Storage" and there is no "Wipe Cache" in Recovery mode. This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache. I do not understand what Google's purpose was doing away with any means of wiping / clearing cache without having to go to each app one at a time. What use to take a minute or 2 is now a PITA.
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/23/google-killed-cache-partition-android/

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there no more "wipe cache" in Recovery mode and no way to clear cache in "Settings>Storage"

This is a step backwards having to go to each app individually and clear cache.
You can try Files Go https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files which provides a way to clear the caches from multiple applications at one time.
I didn't read the linked article but with the new A/B partition scheme that's used for quick updates there's no longer a Cache partition; thus nothing to clear in Recovery mode.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I didn't read the linked article but with the new A/B partition scheme that's used for quick updates there's no longer a Cache partition; thus nothing to clear in Recovery mode.

And that was already the case in Oreo.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Thank you all for the replies. I never knew that this started back with Oreo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45