is this normal

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems absolutely normal. The screen is the biggest sucker of battery life...even if you have your brightness settings way down. That's a 5 inch, beautiful 1080p screen that needs a lot of power!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Simply stating the on screen time is not sufficient. Watching a youtube video or using GPS would drain battery more quickly in the same time as reading news articles. Though screen time would be the same, usuage isn't. It all depends of what you were doing and what else was going on. So is it normal? Yes for whatever you were doing. Can it be improved? Yes! But you would have to know what adjustments you need to make in order to get battery life and understand wakelocks and what apps are running background processes.

You can check this thread for tips and notice how different users have different experiences. It varies based on network signal strength, the activities you were doing, running processes, enabled radios, etc. So in my opinion there's almost no such thing as "normal" when it comes to this because it all depends on what you're doing and what you have on your device. If apps are allowe dto run in the background then it's normal for them to do so and use battery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/283298-samsung-galaxy-s4-battery-life.html

2 hours on screen time with 60% left is not too bad at all. I aim for 4 hours between charges (though I rarely use my phone for 4 hours in a day).

Sebastian234

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Simply stating the on screen time is not sufficient. Watching a youtube video or using GPS would drain battery more quickly in the same time as reading news articles. Though screen time would be the same, usuage isn't. It all depends of what you were doing and what else was going on. So is it normal? Yes for whatever you were doing. Can it be improved? Yes! But you would have to know what adjustments you need to make in order to get battery life and understand wakelocks and what apps are running background processes.

You can check this thread for tips and notice how different users have different experiences. It varies based on network signal strength, the activities you were doing, running processes, enabled radios, etc. So in my opinion there's almost no such thing as "normal" when it comes to this because it all depends on what you're doing and what you have on your device. If apps are allowe dto run in the background then it's normal for them to do so and use battery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/283298-samsung-galaxy-s4-battery-life.html

2 hours on screen time with 60% left is not too bad at all. I aim for 4 hours between charges (though I rarely use my phone for 4 hours in a day).

Thanks helped alot

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts