Is your case scratching the chamfered aluminum edge on your Note 4?

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That seems like a lot of scratches on the edge of the white phone. The tape suggestion might be a good one for those that are really worried about the issue. If you are using a case, nobody is going to see the tape anyway. I would just want to make sure I was not using an aggressive tape as it could easily take up the surface it was on when the time comes....maybe masking tape would work....enough adhesion to stay put...not so aggressive as to damage in and of itself. Masking tape is in a way tailor made for this sort of thing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is why I have never understood people complaining about the polycarbonate case of Samsungs. Aluminium scratches and dents very, very easily.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You cannot expect any device that you use daily, in all weather conditions, heat, humidity, cold, hot, fingerprints, oils, etc to not have a normal wear and tear effect on it.

Sure, I get the fact that it is disappointing that the chrome paint they applied isn't very durable, so it flakes easily.

But if that's the worst issue that you have with it, that's pretty good.

I disagree. That is not normal wear and tear, the phone hasn't been out that long. Even my Note 2 doesn't look as worn as what he is explaining and it is 2 years old.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I never said paint flaking is normal wear and tear.

I said you can't expect an item used daily in all conditions to never show signs of normal wear and tear.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never said paint flaking is normal wear and tear.

I said you can't expect an item used daily in all conditions to never show signs of normal wear and tear.

Yes you did, you said their expectations were unrealistic. What they explained, should not be showing that much wear and tear now. We all use our phones daily and in all conditions.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes you did, you said their expectations were unrealistic. What they explained, should not be showing that much wear and tear now. We all use our phones daily and in all conditions.
Argue with me all you want.

I have kids, I'm used to it.

Please go back and read my comments. You're blending a couple of posts together to jump to your conclusion.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is why I have never understood people complaining about the polycarbonate case of Samsungs. Aluminium scratches and dents very, very easily.
As much as I enjoy and appreciate the build on my new Note 4, I never once had an issue with my all polycarbonate S3. I loved the feel in hand and it's in really good shape for a phone that's been dragged around with me for over 2 years.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
As much as I enjoy and appreciate the build on my new Note 4, I never once had an issue with my all polycarbonate S3. I loved the feel in hand and it's in really good shape for a phone that's been dragged around with me for over 2 years.
Same.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yup, the polycarbonate isn't just "plastic" as people like to say, but it is very durable. Durable enough to make bullet resistant glass.

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup, the polycarbonate isn't just "plastic" as people like to say, but it is very durable. Durable enough to make bullet resistant glass.

Yep. I always thought that too big a deal was made out of the metal sides in the Note 4.

It felt more like it was about iPhone-envy than anything that added true value to the device.

It's too bad that the experience is being marred, literally, by poor design assessment by Samsung.

Interestingly, this could make it difficult for carriers to offer "recertified" Note 4s, since even light usage will show.

Jaron1226

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've experienced some scratching too. Although many people claim it's from "debris" I'm more than certain it's just the case itself which is causing the Note 4 to get these scratches.

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've read accounts, possibly in here in this thread, of people finding some chipping around connectors when they first unbox it.

If the cases are responsible, I imagine it might not be debris, to much as subtle abrasions as the skin-tight cases flex and rub, as can only be expected, through routine handling of the cased phone. In effect, diaper rash.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That white phone really looks bad with the scratches.
Don't worry, in a few weeks time you'll be singing a different tune. I have thrown my Spigen away and going naked for now. I never had this scratches until I used the case but lucky enough mine is not as worse as the pics being shown here. At the moment am still trying to get the s cover case but undecided if I should buy the inductive one or the classic..
I have a Spigen case and it is not scratching my phone!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry, in a few weeks time you'll be singing a different tune. I have thrown my Spigen away and going naked for now. I never had this scratches until I used the case but lucky enough mine is not as worse as the pics being shown here. At the moment am still trying to get the s cover case but undecided if I should buy the inductive one or the classic..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
I'm also going naked more. I'm thinking of getting the charging back too (non s view) because I've read that it helps protect the camera lense because it's a thicker back.

I'm also using a leather pouch for times I need some protection (like putting in a bag or something).

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm also using a leather pouch for times I need some protection (like putting in a bag or something).

This gets to one of my main reservations about the N4. While it is not (as some might say) too large for a phone, it is nevertheless a large device to be carrying around, and the pockets and pouches that worked on smaller thingies may not be big enough or otherwise adequate for this tech slab. (But that's kind of OT for this thread.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail