is your samsung S7 running warm ? in the back?

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
hi

i have the samsung S7 and ever since the last updated am not sure if any one else has noted it may just be my phone but i have noted since the last android updated the back of my seems has started too run a little warm not hot but warm and its been like that for awhile now be for the updated the phone ran cool on the back all so i have no apps nothing running in the back ground so that is not caseing it so am this seeing if any one else phone is running a bit warm after the update and most AT&T phones are now on APC2 update

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
hi

i have the samsung S7 and ever since the last updated am not sure if any one else has noted it may just be my phone but i have noted since the last android updated the back of my seems has started too run a little warm not hot but warm and its been like that for awhile now be for the updated the phone ran cool on the back all so i have no apps nothing running in the back ground so that is not caseing it so am this seeing if any one else phone is running a bit warm after the update and most AT&T phones are now on APC2 update

Try clearing the device cache and see if that helps. It should clear up the heat issue unless it's related to the apps you are using.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Exynos user here. My second phone seems to heat up a little faster than my first phone did, but outside of Gear VR I haven't had any issues with overheating.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If you're doing the following, a warm phone that's not really hot is nothing to really be worried about.

• Running games or VR content
  • Installing a lot of apps in the background
  • When the device is updating
  • Browsing the web or streaming video over a data connection
  • Using wireless charging or fast charging via a cable
  • Recording videos at 4K for extended periods of time

If it gets excessively warm while idling, I'd check to see which apps are running in the background when it shouldn't be.