Is Zagg HDX good alternative to Glass?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've used glass screen protectors for years. Given the disappointment with the first Gen S7 glass protectors, I'm thinking to get the HDX.

I believe the HDX is also quite rigid so I hope it doesn't suffer from the halo issue caused by the curved glass on edges.

Opinions? Anyone have real world experience with the HDX?

Posted via the Android Central App

Robmiezer

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hate to say it but, "No".
I have tried 2, 1st was not aligned perfect and when I put on a case the edges peeled up. So, returned and installed again "perfectly". No air bubbles, but it does not adhere all the way and the corners around the home button and camera are lifted up. Also the edges do not adhere all the way and it will be a matter of a few days in my pocket before lint gets under the edges. I am very sad also that there is not a protector on the market yet that works good. I also bought the standard phone and not the edge because I thought the cases and screen guards would not fit the curve well.
:(

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just put the Zagg HD Dry on and it is perfect! Very pleased! Install couldn't be easier, just read instructions before hand. I got the full body, which comes with the matte finished clear piece for the back of the phone. NOW I HAVE SOME GRIP!

I might go careless if the occasion is right. The phone no longer feels like it wants to squirt out of my hands!

Recommend!

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Happy to hear someone had success. I must be the absolute worst with screen protectors because I just tried the Spigen Curved film and I ruined both. First one it slipped and got a fingerprint (instant ruined) and the second creased when I tried to pull it off using the guide stickers and so that went bye bye.

Maybe I'll try the Zagg or pay someone to apply it for me honestly.

Make it so.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hate to say it but, "No".
I have tried 2, 1st was not aligned perfect and when I put on a case the edges peeled up. So, returned and installed again "perfectly". No air bubbles, but it does not adhere all the way and the corners around the home button and camera are lifted up. Also the edges do not adhere all the way and it will be a matter of a few days in my pocket before lint gets under the edges. I am very sad also that there is not a protector on the market yet that works good. I also bought the standard phone and not the edge because I thought the cases and screen guards would not fit the curve well.
:(

I beg to differ. I work for T-Mobile and I sell them everyday and put them on everyday. It depends on the installer and your case as well. Some of our cases (Tech 21) actually lifts up the screen protector because the actual case hugs the sides of the phone to the point that it creates air bubbles underneath the sides of the screen protector allowing lint to come in. I am personally using the ZAGG HDX and it's fine as long as the case doesn't have a "over-lip".

To the original OP's question, I would say ZAGG HDX is the best altnerative as of right now because there isn't a better screen protector out in the market that would adhere perfectly without peeling off other than PureGear's Roll On screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty